Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Undercover Mission/Campaign  (Read 1189 times)

smiller

Undercover Mission/Campaign
« on: 28 Jul 2005, 19:46:01 »
I was wondering what everyone thought of the merits of a campaign where the player is ex-SF and in his search for excitment in his now dull life. He is given a job as a deniable operatorand is tasked to go to an island on the mainland of some country and investigate something sinister (haven't decided what yet).

I think it would be a new look at the game. Instead of a squad/section level strategic FPS it could be an adventure/FPS. The player pics up information from townspeople, gets in touch with the local LOSO (Liason Officer, Special Ops) to update the department and get more info. Somewhere along the line people could catch onto who he might be and what he's probably doing, putting him on the run or on the flipside he could have to begin hunting them.

I just like the idea of doing somethin in OFP that isn't in a uniform for once.

What does everyone else think?

Sam

GI-YO

Re:Undercover Mission/Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2005, 19:13:19 »
Sounds like a cool idea, a few points to think about though

*How will you keep play intresting, being on your lonesome trying to kill an island full of baddies will be hard and frustrating work if theres alot of die and retry.

*To get the cleverness in the AI to say "he's a spy" etc will need a fair bit of scripting, I should expect.

*You would have to have a good background story, how about instead of investigating something sinister (sounds very resident evil ;D) looking for escaped war criminals who could be hiding on the island, then you could call in support/ bomb strikes etc or choose kill them yourself and escape from the hostile island.

Keep up the work hope something i've said has helped in someway.

GI-YO
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2005, 19:14:03 by GI-YO »

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2005, 06:19:23 »
Go for it mate. There's loads of things you could do. Blowing up drug manifacturing plants, assasinating terrorists, industrial espionage, the list goes on. If the mission was good I'd play it.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

smiller

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2005, 10:37:27 »
Heh, was just an idea guys. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the know-how to make it myself. Just thought someone out there with the time and the skill could take fancy to it!

Sam