Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Video Graphics Problem  (Read 1236 times)

silverguy

Video Graphics Problem
« on: 10 Jul 2005, 21:26:56 »
I just bought a new computer and I am bringing all my old addons over to the new computer. In the past, with the old computer, when I would run too much addons in 1 folder, I would get a green screen when I would start up the OFP. One of my friends suggested dividing the addons into specific AddOns folders (Example: My WW2 addons, go into my WW2AddOns folder, when I want to use the WW2 addons, I erased WW2 and used it as the Res AddOns folder). And that worked fine. I could get up to 900 mb in one folder.
   Now that I have my new cpu I tried the same thing, and it will not work. When I run the new cpu with the addons I get a error message. The error message says ..

Cannot create 3D Device
Adapter 0 (Radeon 9200    ) Fullscreen
Resolution 1280x1024, format R5G6B5/D24S8, refresh 60hz
Error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

Anybody know what this is trying to tell me? What do I do about it? The Video Graphics Card I am running is a

ATI Radeonâ„¢ 9200 AGP 8X 3D Graphics Hardware Acceleration
128MB Video Memory (128-bit DDR

It seems to me to be a video graphics problem, I cannot run addon folders past 600mb's or I get the above message.

Any suggestions? Can anyone help? What does that error message mean? and most important what do I do about it? Thanks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Video Graphics Problem
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2005, 21:33:40 »
I recommend you go to the Official Forums with this as this site is only for Editing related queries, we don't do technical support.......sorry.

Having said that.....

Are you using the -nomap switch in your OFP shortcuts target field?

For example:

C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap

Edit.......Ok locking this now.

Planck
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2005, 22:11:55 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

silverguy

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2005, 23:02:02 »
no I have not used the no splash yet, I have in the past and it did not solve a single thing with the old cpu also, I do not have OFP installed on the C drive. Reason for this is the C drive does not have enough space to install ofp to, I have put OFP on the D drive where it has plenty of space.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2005, 23:05:29 »
Ok......just change it to the path where you do have it installed.

The example I gave was just that......an example.
The shortcut you have for OFp will have the path there already in the target field, all you have to do is add -nomap.......don't forget a space between the path and the switch.

I really will have to lock this you know.......soonish   ::)

Planck

silverguy

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2005, 00:51:33 »
success! it worked!  :D thanks Plank! What I did was...I just put in the -nomap instead of the -nosplash dealy, that didn't work, so I just tried with only -nomap and it worked! Thanks dude!  8)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2005, 00:59:32 »
No problem.   ;D

Planck