Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mission Idea: BAND OF BROTHERS campaign  (Read 1581 times)

Darkness

Mission Idea: BAND OF BROTHERS campaign
« on: 06 Jul 2005, 19:36:33 »
Hey guys i have a little idea of a mission idea.... u guys seen Band of brothers on HBO well lets do a campaign  like Band of brothers. well like in the campaign it will go by chapters. and there sould be the main music from Band of brothers.

THe mod u will need i think the WWII MOD from the web site ofp cz in the mod section.

Characters: If u see the movie the characters should be in the campaign like LT. Winters (DICK), Goner ect...

EX: Chapter 1- will be the training u have to do. like practice shooting, bailing out of a plane (Paratrooper plane)

Chapter 2- will be called "Day of Days"
Thats when of the paratroopers make there jump.
And the nazis blowin the other plans away...

If anyone can help me plz do so Cheers!
Thanks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Mission Idea: BAND OF BROTHERS campaign
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2005, 20:59:49 »
Well now are you wishing to discuss the idea or are you recruiting?

If it is the latter, then please use the Recruitment board.

;D

Planck
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2005, 19:37:03 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2005, 12:45:29 »
this was tried before but didnt go ahead because the guy said it was pretty hard but seeing the campaign would be great
definately make Bastogne and when they take the town of Foy
as winter missions would be nice touch to the campaign
or when they tae the crossroads do two parts the night raid then the day raid

Offline Hauk

• Members
  • I sail under the Jolly Roger!! Pirates are kings!!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2005, 01:12:36 »
Goner

lol, sorry, but i saw this and thought it was hilarious. Its spelt "Guarnere",

Hehe, good attempt at spelling it though!  ;D

Hauk

RedHouse

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2005, 10:39:13 »
yea ive wanted to make this mod for ages of when there fighting in the snow and they take that town i even took loads of screenshots from the film to get textures and stuff. But im not any good at making addons so it never went ahead. I was gonna make my own island just for that snowy bit with the trees the foxholes and the town.

ProudPotter2490

« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2005, 00:51:58 »
Nice idea. I'd play it! But if you want a great game that simulates this, consider buying Call Of Duty and Call Of Duty: United Offensive.

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2005, 09:42:21 »
or you could play brothers in arms or medal of honour spearhead. there's even a mission in moh frontline which represents the carentan attack. and anyway the game will have to be extremely heavily scripted if you want to fit it to the story. eg (winters never dies, toye doesn't get hurt by grenades in day of days) well okay maybe not the second one but it will be a bit unrealistic if characters die and the next thing you know they're talking in a cutscene

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2005, 09:56:17 »
never thought of that but things like that wont be that hard to do with a few EH and it should be quite easy

the only thing is you wont be able to get the same atmosphere for example
Like in the trenches i think its end of part 3 i cant remember when there getting shot at in the morning then the Shermans come in and save the day
that will be hard to do without a ton of different addons getting the mg42's to keep firing unless you cam create bullets and setveloicty them by your head whilst your shooting back

but im my eyes i would go out and by Brothers in amrs i did get it but didnt work for my pc so when its upgraded im getting it

its very hard to get the right atmosphere into ofp missions

but if this is done and done right it would be an excellent campaign

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2005, 14:54:06 »
MGs that fire continuesly are possible. There's a script in the ed depot called DDay style mgs.

its very hard to get the right atmosphere into ofp missions
It has to be just right for WWII missions, I think you could stray from the series on a few points to keep it OFPish.