Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEW TUTORIAL - Building your first CAR in OFP!  (Read 3331 times)

brsseb

NEW TUTORIAL - Building your first CAR in OFP!
« on: 09 Oct 2002, 17:23:40 »
Hi

Just wanna tell that Lesson 2 of my tutorial site is out:
"Lesson 2 - Your first car in ofp"

http://ofp.info/brsseb/

Simple, lots of pics; easy for the beginner. Hope you like it.

brsseb

SFG

Re:NEW TUTORIAL - Building your first CAR in OFP!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2002, 04:59:58 »
Great tutorial man this really helped me with vehicals!

Gameer_77

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2002, 18:24:50 »
By lookin' through it, it looks pretty good.

But does it cover flat tires?  :o

In those D/L-able .pbo's of the original models, there is a jeep which you could model it off.

Never-the-less, another good job!

Keep up the good work! :)

P.S The model ain't that bad  ;D

8)PEACE

DeLiltMon

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2002, 18:58:50 »
Just what the doctor ordered, I'll be giving this a go tonight  :thumbsup: :cheers:

brsseb

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2002, 14:38:18 »
By lookin' through it, it looks pretty good.

But does it cover flat tires?  :o

No, it doesnt cover flat tires. But that  involves  the HitPoints LOD and some selections. I left that one out since it wasnt neccesary to get the car up and running. And anyone who understod my lesson will easily be able to implement that LOD all by them selves by checking out how its done in another car addon.

And anyway, flat tires are the most ANNOYING thing with cars in ofp anyway  8)

brsseb

junkie-xL

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2002, 15:14:54 »
if i pbo the pre-lesson p3d + config I can't get in the car :o

although the tutorial suggests you can start driving around the crap version immediately

am I a noob or what? ???

i'm making my own car right now: can you just add a config to make sth into a car or do you have to add the proxy too

junkie-xL

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2002, 15:10:51 »
yes i am stupid

setting the car as playable makes a difference indeed

Spectator

« Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2003, 16:21:01 »
did i miss something ? i read the tut. i did everything the right way (at least think i did ;) ) but the car doesn't work. i put the car on the map, try to play the mission i created but as soon as it loads it returns to desktop without error messages
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2003, 16:21:19 by Spectator »

brsseb

« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2003, 20:09:38 »
Hmmm

Strange. Did you try placing an EMPTY and one CIVILIAN on the map (not moth on the same map, one at a time), its been a while since i did the car tut, and the configfile work on it isnt exacly awardwinning...Also, i think i used the Cfgmodels class and that may have some issues with version 1.46. So if you got 1.46, delete the CfgModels { .... }; thingy

brsseb

Spectator

« Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2003, 21:09:05 »
empty doesn't work either. i'm using the newest version of the game + resistance. i startet the game with the ofp link instead of the resistance.

i also played a bit around with the config but got no good results :(

but your weapons tutorial is great and worked ;)
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2003, 21:13:58 by Spectator »

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2003, 12:40:07 »
check the path to your model.

The cpp is checked for typos and '{' missing as flashpoint loads up. Ctd normally happens to me when I have changed a filename and loaded up without changing cpp

eg config has model="\panther\panther23";

then in working I save as panther24.p3d and PBO the folder. Then the game will crash to desktop.

Post your cpp here along with the path to your model. It'll be something simple.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Spectator

« Reply #11 on: 07 Apr 2003, 15:25:09 »
i'm not at home atm, but i think i can say for sure, that the path is correct. first time i tried i used the config which was included in the tutorial .zip and changed nothing. didn't work. and i guess that config has to be ok, because it worked for other ppl :(

Spectator

« Reply #12 on: 07 Apr 2003, 21:14:23 »
i guess all will laugh now, it was sooo simple :)

i simply forgot the landcontact :))

i'd suggest you'd add that to the tutorial so that ppl don't do the same stupid mistake i did ;) because the tutorial says that it is possible to use the car the way it is in the zip file , well it doesn't work that way :)
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2003, 21:15:25 by Spectator »

brsseb

« Reply #13 on: 08 Apr 2003, 13:09:12 »
The car works without landcontact LOD. Its not needed, but youre in for a bumoy ride. I got now v1.91 ofp and i testet the start-model, its got just 0.000 and geo-lod and nothing more and im able to compile it and drive around, and i dont get any crashes to desktop or anything, tried both using Cilvilian->Car->My First Car and Empty->Car->My first car

But its hard to get into the empty car due to the fact that we havent made a "pos driver/cargo" vertex in Memory LOD. And i assume that these start locations are at the model origo by default when nothing is specified, so if you want to get into the empty start-model, you must run into it (the geo isnt very good, it seems) and get to the center of the car, then the Get in action will appear.

Hope this clear things up a bit.

brsseb

imemyself

« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2003, 01:39:58 »
I'm trying to get the wheels to turn and have made and named the selections for each wheel.  But when I get in OFP, only the left from wheel does anything.  All of the others don't rotate when your moving or turn left/right when you turn.