Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: computer trickery  (Read 1242 times)

GI-YO

computer trickery
« on: 11 May 2005, 15:40:27 »
just thought of this idea at work, should be a break from the usual seize and hold and kill the president missions.

How about a mission where you had to destroy a powerstation, and destroy some other stuff, all very vauge (you fill in these parts). But instead of you and your 12 man sqaud you have 2 friends and you all have laptops which you can use to create things that you need. EG - you meet some stiff resistance so you whip out the laptop 'this addmagazine "M60";this addweapon "M60" setpos getmarkerpos powerstation', or your car runs out of fuel 'car1 setfuel 1'. It might sound familiar as its a bit like that film with keanu reeves but im not sure if i can say if its classed as sci-fi but you all get the idea. I think a matrix based mission would be fun and would improve your scripting skills as you played along. Any other ideas that this mission could be made better then add 'em. Thanks for reading.

GI-YO
« Last Edit: 11 May 2005, 15:40:39 by GI-YO »

Offline Kundich

• Members
  • "Habit is the daily battleground of character."
Re:computer trickery
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2005, 20:19:36 »
A really interesting concept to me.  Backstory would be important, I think.  But you could do it CO-OP style with plenty of civilians around that join groups with EAST if PLAYER is detected.  Scripting might be easier if there were some already built in components via DIALOGs, perhaps ideally in the hands of one operator-type, who is a part of the action, and subject to being smote (smited, smoted, what's the appropriate spelling for this particular tense of smite?).  

At any rate, if you do something like this, I'm thinking a massive, epic-style feel with multiple objectives, vast hordes of potential enemies, and built-in transportation options at various locations.  You might even require a code-line before a PLAYER can operate the vehicles.  Also, you might build-in a random selection of one or more objectives during the mission, so that no mission is every the same--even if it's 1 objective per mission or 3+ objectives per mission.

At any rate, I think the idea is pretty cool.

Thanks,
ADM

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2005, 20:46:49 »
sounds interesting but alittle unreal but i get where your coming from basically a mission where you must understand some scripting to help you play it so you learn scripting as you go along
I might have a go with this in a mission im thinking of

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2005, 21:05:15 »
For the first time, your skill in editing would help your skill in playing the game  ;D

Great idea!  :thumbsup:
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

GI-YO

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2005, 15:46:13 »
Thanks for all the feedback guy's you have got what I mean, which is good. If anyone wants to make this mission then go ahead I simply dont have the ability to do it, but would love to play it! happy mission making.

GI-YO

Jim666

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2005, 12:58:59 »
Thats a brilliant idea, i would make it if i could. But sadly i dont have the scripting knowledge to do so.

Cant wait to see a mission based on this idea.