Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Black hawk down  (Read 2054 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Black hawk down
« on: 06 May 2005, 17:56:50 »
okay since i bought the dvd yesterday it came with the real life docmentary wich explains the tactics they used and how they were going to insert and extract and so on

So i tought that i shall create a black hawk down mission not where you go to just save the chopper like most but when you insert by a fast rope insertion at one corner of the target building from a black hawk and you get attacked from 2 sides.

The 12 vechile convoy comes racing down that road clearing the enemy then i thought that you would be told to mount a 50cal on a humer and defend the convoy till they reach the airport

Hlaf way there i plan super six one black hawk goes down you are told to get to the airport drop of the injured soldier then make your way to the crash site.

Then you must defend the first crash site then half way throught super six four goes down your told to get to that crah site but its roadbloack after roadblock so you get out and make your way there on foot you finaly get there when enemy technicals drive you back into a house where you rest for a while then that house gets pinned down by mortars.

From then you are told to hold the house aswell as you can until the convoy gets there when it does all injured and dead are collected you are then one of the unlucky few where there is nor room in the trucks so you must run all the way back to the airport where you come under fire half way you must take them out and get to the airport.

Okay thats basically it but im useless at addons so im wondering what addons wod people recomend obdviously im going to use the bas blackhawks and little birds and cat_afgahnistan islnad apart from that what other addons would you recomend

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:Black hawk down
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2005, 18:56:25 »
Hmmm...isn't there a blackhawk down mission in the beta testing area right now?  ???

Mog '93 I think.

Anyway, to make one with nearly all to events would be good.  ;)
You say you're going to use cat_afganistan, but surely tonal would be better, as it gives you the big city, the right buildings (good for roof insertions) and the enemy militia.

Just a thought.

Please don't use BAS deltas and rangers. There have been SO MANY blackhawk down missions using them. They may be the best for the job, but personally I have grown too used to running about with a silanced, scoped SAW with nearly no recoil (no offense to BAS. They are really good weapons and soldiers, but just a tad too easy to use  ;D )

Anyway, that what I think. Just ideas  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2005, 19:00:57 »
Oh, and as for technicals. This one looks OK, but is armed with a Dshk MG, and can only fire backwards  :P
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3741

However, if it doesn't fit the job, you could either use this one:
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4545

Or make your own using something like
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8284

and add your own .50cal using the MG on vehicles script in the ed dept.  ;)
RAAB

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2005, 19:33:11 »
cool they seem quite good apart from the first 2 look a bit new i want them to look like the 3 one with a 50 cal and one with an rpg

Now i have chosen i will use the bhd-leave no one behins island wich has Mogadishu city and the airbase witch is perfect

also how about using the lasers delta/ranger pack what do people think of that

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2005, 20:22:44 »
Go for it  ;)

Tell you what. I have nothing to do right no. I'll find  the script and apply it to that 3rd truck withthe original M2, and then post the mission here.  8)

Back in half an hour...
RAAB

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2005, 21:49:42 »
Ok, 1 hour and 27 minutes later, I have the mission.
Upon testing it, the technical isn't very good at steering. I used setvelocity on it to get it started, and on the demo mission it has a straight, flat road to go down.
Its not very good, but if you do choose to use it in a mission, try to make it not move much, using setvelocity where possible.
RAAB

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2005, 05:15:04 »
Im working on a BHD style COOP:

Video

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2005, 07:29:12 »
Your mission plan seems a bit over scripted to me for Flashpoint.. Forcing the player into a building.... Being inside a building in the first place! Madness!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2005, 10:01:44 »
the player isnt actally the one of 8 men who raids the buldinghe inserts from the black hawk atone of the 4 corners and provides ground cover for the 8 men who raid the building. plus thanks for that greg147 i havent tried it yet but will do later