Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A new SP mission pack from NBRVieiraPT  (Read 2625 times)

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
A new SP mission pack from NBRVieiraPT
« on: 06 May 2005, 14:51:18 »
Hi all!
Everything ok? Good!

Well I posted this topic because of my new idea... And I need some help!
This is the problem: I was going to make a campaign with the portuguese forces but as it wasnt going to have any intro or outro or even no cutscenes I decided to make it as a Single Player Mission Pack!

NBRVieiraPT wants to know you think this Mission Pack is good idea or noone will play it!

It will have around 5 styles of missions, a full background story and not too many addons needed!

Every post saying its a good idea is one vote for Yes and every vote saying noone will play it is a No vote...
Again your votes count for my decision... thanks...

Hasta
BV

PS:: I wont be able to reply to any post because I cant come to internet for around a month ;(
Cya

Acecombat

Re:A new SP mission pack from NBRVieiraPT
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2005, 15:32:53 »
Its a good idea , wanna know why ?

*cough* http://www.opflash.org/maps.php?pt=Map%20Pack *cough*

We welcome all map pack submissions (SP or MP) send it in. I infact love such small packs , they dont carry the burden of being a full flash campaign neither do they have to have a storyline your independent of all that stuff and can be free to do whatever. I would like map packs of FDF or other such mods that'd be good , been entertaining this idea myself for sometime , dunno if i'll ever get off my lazy arse and do it  ::) :P.

EDIT: Just noticed your name and realized your the guy who sent in a portuguese mission before and it got deleted because the mission.sqm file listed a Lega wars addon in it , so PLEASEEEEE be careful about the addons dependencies , i hate it when people neglect this.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2005, 15:34:51 by Acecombat »

Jim666

« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2005, 16:14:35 »
Doesnt really bother me to be honest.

Can you give me some information about the story? Wouldd interest me some more, and i could give some ideas and suggestions :)

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2005, 20:30:58 »
@Acecombat

Well this mission pack will have around 10 missions about 5 types of missions, that will have assassination, recon, sniping in covering, and many others!
Well this Mission Pack will be just like a campaign but without intros and outros or cutscenes because I cant make them! The addons are very little for a "campaign" (around 15MB) and you can play the mission you want whenever you want and you never miss the plot of the missions (story!).
BTW sorry about that thing of my mission but if you wanna play the new version of the mission and wayyy better just look in this forums in the beta testing or in the beta corner in opflash.org! (no addons needed)

@Jim666

Ok I respect your opinion and I respect you dont give a damn to my mission pack about portuguese rangers...
Well the story is about a portuguese ranger that is assigned to help a fellow country that lives in a civil war and trying to not be invaded by russia... I can give the plot now because it is still not defined! :P sorry
If you wanna know more about the missions wait for around a month and I will post the first mission!

@all

BTW all mission will be firstly beta tested here or in opflash.org so if you are interested just pass by sometimes!

Hasta
BV

PS::: The "poll" is on: here are the results!
                             Yes--> 1
                             No---> 0
         Dont give a crap--> 1

My new mission is here: http://www.geocities.com/nbrvieirapt/Missions/
download the mission there (no-addons needed beside the editor upgrade)

Acecombat

« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2005, 21:36:45 »
Well this Mission Pack will be just like a campaign

Hmm it seems you have storyline in the works so this might not be a MISSION PACK anymore but a campaign more like , mission packs contain random missions based on numerous themes but they arent inter connected to each other like a campaigns story so if your missions follow each other storywise i'm afraid that'll be categorized as a campaign rather then a pack of missions.

BTW sorry about that thing of my mission but if you wanna play the new version of the mission and wayyy better just look in this forums in the beta testing or in the beta corner in opflash.org! (no addons needed)

Hmm i'll check out the beta at opflash , btw when its done do submit it in for review  ;).

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2005, 21:43:08 »
Ace prolly I wasnt good expressing myself... It happens sometimes :P

Well this is it... it will have  background story but you dont need to play the other missions to understand the story!
I made up (well dunno if it is original) a system where you always know the story..
And the mission pack will focus the entire life of this ranger... since his first mission to the last as a flashback!

Hope this helps to understand!

Hasta
BV

Jim666

« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2005, 12:53:25 »

@Jim666

Ok I respect your opinion and I respect you dont give a d**n to my mission pack about portuguese rangers...
Well the story is about a portuguese ranger that is assigned to help a fellow country that lives in a civil war and trying to not be invaded by russia... I can give the plot now because it is still not defined! :P sorry
If you wanna know more about the missions wait for around a month and I will post the first mission!

I ment i dont mind about it being a campaign with cutscenes, or just a pack of missions that follow a story. Anywho looking forward to it.

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2005, 15:20:32 »
Well damn! :(
Found now Ill only be able to make this pack after a month counting from this moment and only at weekends so it will be very slow!!!

So nevermind my idea I have much bigger stuff planned for now so thanks anyway for the kind posts!

Hasta
BV

Jim666

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2005, 16:22:00 »
If you'd like any help, just ask.

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2005, 16:35:09 »
Thank you very much I really apreciate but I will only quit temporarly...
I WILL make this project but in some time...
For my accounts i expect finish the first 10 missions (pack 1) around 15june!

Thanks anyway, you can always help me beta-testing my mission in here:
http://www.geocities.com/nbrvieirapt   -->in the missions folder!

because it is going to be converted to my mission pack!

Adeus
BV
« Last Edit: 07 May 2005, 16:36:29 by PTnbrvieira »

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2005, 14:46:06 »
Well I am back with more news about this Pack... (OH NOO!! Screams the croud...  :noo:)

For now the poll is over, I AM gonna make this Mission Pack.  8)
For the curious people it will be a pack with around 10 missions that enact a portuguese ranger carrer and actions in some conflicts (fictional)...  :joystick:

The first mission is on the way and is a sniper covert ops mission very alike to this one (made by me too): http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=23145 .  :)

It will have as main caracteristics these: many styles, simple but rather interesting and hard missions, the notes part are like a book written by the soldier, not too many addons (for now only choosed some MIG and POR addons from portuguese army)...  ;D
And no intro, outro, cutscene or voice...  :-\

The first mission will most probably be released here for beta-testing 22-29 May (I hope...damn school  >:()
So I hope you can beta-test it... ha btw, all my missions will be here individualy released for beta-testing before the whole pack is published to missions depot...

Thanks for the time...

Take care   :wave:
BV

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #11 on: 16 May 2005, 15:19:10 »
PTnbrvieira, I can't find a single reason not to lock this topic. It's about recruiting, advertising, off-topic, you name it. The question wether or not to build a missions pack is irrelevant ( the answer being an obvious yes ;) ) and not suited in this forum.

Furthermore, there is no indication that you're asking for help in the creation of plot/idea behind this mission pack, which is what this board is all about. So therefore..

#locked
Not all is lost.