Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Out of Operation Flashpoint Mission Editing  (Read 4276 times)

DBR_ONIX

Re:Out of Operation Flashpoint Mission Editing
« Reply #30 on: 04 Jun 2005, 01:18:33 »
Got the same problem, not overly bothered though, i'll wait for final one :)
On that subject, how is it? :P
- Ben

Bluelikeu

« Reply #31 on: 04 Jun 2005, 12:02:35 »
oh, this is just a minor error.

try  "java UnitCreationFrame"  instead "java unitcreationframe" It just has to do with capitalization. If there still is a problem, then it is something wrong with my stuff.

Well, my computer with OFP on it isn't starting up correctly and needs to be fixed, so i don't have any real access to check things out, but I'm still working on it with my old computer(this one).

I should be done, or near completion by the end of the summer vacation..bad timing eh.. :D

I've been working with JAVA3D and it is sort of difficult for me, so i'm not sure if i'm going to have a small preview option.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2005, 12:03:09 by Bluelikeu »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #32 on: 12 Jun 2005, 22:16:06 »
Typed (in command promt) : "java unitcreator", also tried "java unitcreator.jar", "unit -classpath unitcreator.jar", and a few other things
Keep getting error thing 'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

How's it progressing anyway? :)
- Ben

Bluelikeu

« Reply #33 on: 12 Jun 2005, 23:07:14 »
Yes, it is my stuff, I didn't really understand what a jar file really was until recently. I've come up with a new method of executable batch files for the happiness and joy of all! I hope they work.

Well, progress is slow due to the lack of OFP. Also, the current file I made makes the computer slow, and I couldn't figure out why. However, I solved the problem by placing it in the trash and restarting. I'm also thinking ahead about the map being visible on the screen. Unfortunately the image of the map is placed directly into memory. Yes, the file is huge. Therefore the infamous "lag" should appear. However, I'm thinking of somehow getting only the pixel's of the image that should be visible at any given time and placing them 1 by 1 onto the screen. In that case, there should be no lag.

Summer is so short, therefore I'm thinking of upping the release date depending on how I feel. Sorry bout that.

Anyway,
Thanks,
Bluelikeu

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #34 on: 28 Jun 2005, 14:03:08 »
I got the test working, I updated the Java RTE to latest version and it started up.
(Same with the drop wizard thingy etc)

Anyway, good luck with the program, can't wait :)
- Ben