Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ShowRadio Command Error  (Read 661 times)

Chris330

ShowRadio Command Error
« on: 22 Apr 2005, 20:57:19 »
Dear All,

I need to be able to hide the radio for most of my mission until the player is ready to call in artillery.

BUT...

I cannot get the showradio command to work properly. I have a radio alpha trigger set up. I have tried setting showradio = 0 and showradio false in both the description.ext and init.sqs files along with radio triggers and init lines of units. But the radio always shows even when I export the mission to a single mission!!

So what the Hell is going on? Is it possible to hide the radio when you have declared a radio trigger ???

All help appreciated ;)

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
Re:ShowRadio Command Error
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2005, 23:27:38 »
Found this in FAQ Search-- Looks like you cannt hide radio but ya can hide the text to click on.

Submitted by:  
Credits: LCD

How to hide, unhide, and set the text in a radio trigger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:
I want to get rid of the Radio Alpha text until a specific time in the mission. I have a car bomb script that is activated by the  Radio Alpha trigger.

[t1] exec "carbomb.sqs"

So when the player selects RADIO ALPHA (which has the text of "Kill the Buggers!") the carbomb script activates.

Another trigger makes the script set to false - so the player cannot activate the script until it is set to true.

How do I hide the text from the Radio Menu until it is actually required?

Answer:
In the text part of the triger put:

null

When you want the text to appear, put:

1 setradiomsg "mytext" ("mytext" being the text that you want to appear)

When you want it to disapear again put:

1 setradiomsg "null"

See the setradiomsg command for more info on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submitted on: September 08, 2003, 09:39

Hope that helped.
Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:ShowRadio Command Error
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2005, 08:23:20 »
showRadio=true/false only shows/hides the radio('phone') which is on the map screen...
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.