Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music effect  (Read 576 times)

Dubieman

Music effect
« on: 22 Apr 2005, 03:52:39 »
Hello,

What I'm wondering about is if I can code a bit of music, say a 60 sec clip of a song and define it in the config as sound, not music. That way I wanted to have the player be able to get close to the origin of the sound and here the music, but as he moves away, it is harder to hear. I'm working with an idea about headphones coming off or something like that.

Thanks in advance
GRK

Offline Morglor9

• Members
Re:Music effect
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2005, 06:39:57 »
basically, i think you can change the settings of the song clip into the right stuff for sounds. then, simply put the music clip into the description.ext defined as sound. it should work.
Cymbaline

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2005, 18:31:09 »
or define it as a music in the description find a trigger and set the effects to
Sounds -
Trigger = "Music"

and make the song play when ever you want how ever and when he enters the trigger area the sound plays and gets quiter the further away you are

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2005, 03:35:37 »
I'm pretty sure you can... you'll just need to give the file the same attributes as a sound file (ie. mono rather than stereo), and define it in the cfgsounds section of the .ext ;)

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2005, 03:38:28 »
It'd work with triggers, but that's not the effect I'm thinking of.

I wanted to try and use the distance of sound in OFP. Like the sound is always there(until I shut it off), but if you get closer the music gets easier to hear and as you move further away its softer.

I should actually get around to testing this... ::)