Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: French-Indochinese Conflict  (Read 2037 times)

Agent Luciane

French-Indochinese Conflict
« on: 22 Apr 2005, 10:23:06 »
Hey there Iam a new member and was wondering if anybody has heard of or played a French Indochina war Mod of Flashpoint and if not if anyone knows of any troop addons for French Foreign Legion troops circa 1950's?
Iam thinking of doing one if one is not yet available...Viet Minh would be easy to get they dressed the same as the Vietcong troop addons in the SEBNAM packs just the French Paratroopers and legionaire footmen...thanks for your time
Agent Luciane

Agent Luciane

Re: French-Indochinese Conflict
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2005, 11:21:11 »
also has anyone seen any aircraft models or tank models from the conflict or era?I think you could make some kick arse missions with the mod...based on battles and firefights out of The Devil's Guard and Saigon.....

Agent Luciane

« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2005, 18:45:56 »
xin loi does anybody even understand what iam talking about or the political ramifications of the war?

Agent Luciane

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2005, 18:55:32 »
why do people reply to a stupid request to make a resident evil mod and not a real war ?..I have been making missions and campaigns since the beginning of flashpoint and all you guys make good addons why don't you want to see frenchys shot to shit?or real battles in history happening in flashpoint?

Karik

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2005, 19:31:47 »
Maybe nobody knows any addons from that era? Would you like to read 200 "I dont know"'-messages?

I think that if there were any addons like you asked someone had told you already. Personally I know only modern Foreign Legion-troops and I know that there is also 80's version of those troops by other addonmaker.

And by the way, whining doesnt help.

Agent Luciane

« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2005, 19:36:27 »
I ain't whining bro Iam just asking If nobodys knows about it i will do myself iam just trying to find out? Iam living in Vietnam and wondered if there are any people out tthere interested in this era?or not because I have a lot of acurate images from that era of both sides and wondered if it was already available or not?

Sanctuary

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2005, 01:41:24 »
Occitania has created varied french troops from 1960 to 1980
click here
I never saw any 50 or earlier french troops made for OFP though.

Agent Luciane

« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2005, 04:33:55 »
Thanks sanctuary that was helpful and the models look pretty good I suppose there isn't much interest in 1950's stuff as such but I am starting to go to work on this project and will hopefully have something up soon

patriotpac_3

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2005, 04:38:10 »
Could we play as the Viet Minh?  There is a lot of Vietnamese and French stuff out there, but I'm not sure if there is anything that is compatible with the late 50s - early 60s time frame that we need here.  Look around, though.

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2005, 14:28:50 »
Agent Luciane I noticed that you were very impatient for replies to your post. Things do not happen like THAT! on these forums. Usually if you wait you get some top notch answers and you might learn something.

Be patient and don't whine, your not the biggest priority!

-supershooter

Agent Luciane

« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2005, 08:01:31 »
Yes Patriot there would be a lot of VietMinh missions I would also like to put the original agent luciane of the O.S.S who ended up growing into Ho Chi Minh into it I wasn't looking for the addons to create French Missions in general it was Vietnamese missions but I am also interested in making a campaign based on the book Devil's Guard which has a unit of ex-SS soldiers from the russian front who escape the war trials and join the French Foreign Legion and get sent to IndoChina to fight the VietMinh...it is said that if the ex-SS guys who where used by the French were in charge of the conflict they would of won the war because they weren't concentration camp jewish persecutiong SS they were Russian front Guerilla Warfare experts and the VietMinh were very scared by them they called the "ma"which means ghost in Viet..supershooter you are the on bitching now

Dubieman

« Reply #11 on: 26 Apr 2005, 02:28:44 »
First off, supershooter is right, use the modify button and wait a bit longer for  replies. Anyways, just drop it now... ::)

@the topic: I'd be interested in seeing a campaign or something made with a troop pack with french and VietMinh troops. I read a little about it in another nam book, the guy read about french occupation there and told about it in the book...

It was kind of weird when he remembered that he was fighting in the same areas as french legions a decade earlier roughly. :P

Agent Luciane

« Reply #12 on: 26 Apr 2005, 04:44:04 »
Hey there I wonder if there is anyone skilled enough to point in the right direction on how to edit troop addons/ create troop packs because I will learn and make sure they look a million dollars put every detail into them...sharpshooter roachkiller Iam sorry if i have made you shed tears over impatience but I didn't know what the go with this forum is and know I do so sorry if I seem impatient but that was the first day i started on here....