Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: y2k3 mod  (Read 5062 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:y2k3 mod
« Reply #15 on: 04 Apr 2005, 19:06:48 »
well i have started to download the eecp mod instead but just a few things
1. what is it like
2. is it basically a better version of ecp
3. what is the difference betteween eecp and ecp

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #16 on: 04 Apr 2005, 19:35:08 »
lol the y2k3 is just an EECP rip, it was based of a very early version of EECP. After a while pappy added more and more, also updating the ECP version it uses.

So the EECP is like the y2k3 mod, they both use ECP effects as their base.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #17 on: 04 Apr 2005, 19:40:59 »
ohh anyway i have installed eecp and all the addons but there is a missing addon wich causes it to crash to desktop so im in search of theis addon

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: 04 Apr 2005, 19:47:43 »
right i have found the addon it is "cbt_misc_v1.1" but when i extract it is always says something like cannont extract file
any reason for this and can someone suggest a way around it plz cause it looks like such a good mod

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #19 on: 04 Apr 2005, 19:56:24 »
try and re-download that addon, the file is probably corrupt. If you are running a download manager, turning it off may somethimes help.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #20 on: 04 Apr 2005, 20:08:03 »
nope no look i dont have a download manager anyway well i dont think so i use ultimate zip if any one has a copy could they send it plz

Offline Woodpeckersam

• Members
  • I'm a llama! ooh! Yeah!
« Reply #21 on: 04 Apr 2005, 20:18:22 »
Does FlashFX change all other vehicles like tanks and choppers aswell?

Yes, it changes most of the tanks and aircrafts and still makes games playable when the user do not have FlashFX... big problem.. the file to download is about 700 mb.. something like that.... and when you click to install the ptrogram it may take a long time to load... still worth it btw... give it a try if you have time :) :D

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #22 on: 05 Apr 2005, 15:52:52 »
Hmmm....well, I tryed out FFUR v4, and wasn't too impressed. The units don't really look as good as the ones in Y2K3, and the many of the optics were the plain black ones that came with BIS, as opposed to the new ones in Y2K3.  :-\

There were good parts to both mods, but I think Y2K3 has more, and its 300MBs less to download.  :P

I'll stick to my good old Y2K3 mod  8)

My 2 cents  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #23 on: 05 Apr 2005, 15:54:48 »
To jump back a bit.. I use Y2K3 nearly all the time in multiplayer, me and a few freidns play a lot, mainly missions that who ever is hosting creates missions on spot.
It makes quickly making up new missions a lot easier, as you don't have to put all the heli dust scripts etc etc etc in, it's already there.
Only thing I've changed it replacing the Y2K3/Dta/anim.pbo with Sanctuary's Patrol animations (As the other people I play with have done too). You could remove the Y2K3 anim.pbo file and use the BIS ones if you wanted to, but Sanctuary's ones are the best sofar IMO
As for stabilty, I've have no crashes with Y2K3 in the last 6 months.. The only time it crashes (As with any decent sized missions), is occisonaly if I alt-tab out, it crashes (when I tab back in), this could be beacause I'm hosting a lot of the time..

I guess it's all down to personal prefernce though..
-Ben

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #24 on: 07 Apr 2005, 19:00:44 »
hey
i have downloaded the y2k3 mod and its great. some mission are alittle lagy but none the less great mod

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #25 on: 07 Apr 2005, 19:13:31 »
Told you  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: 07 Apr 2005, 19:15:09 »
lol. i got fed up with trying to find all the downloads for eecp so i moved onto this again and this you dont even need to find the addons open the file about a minute later verything istalled for you