Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need info an Battalion support options  (Read 925 times)

Lt Goldman

Need info an Battalion support options
« on: 31 Mar 2005, 14:25:24 »
Not sure where to post this question, so ill start here.

I am aiming to create a realistic mission and need some help with the units i can use, from what i have read it seems that a Battalions area of operation would be an island the size of Nogova (thanks snYpir & Tyger), using their info on this site and research i have done online into the make-up of a US Battalion i can see what makes up that force, but i would like to use Armour, Artillery and Close Air Support, i cannot find anything to indicate what would be a realistic accompanyment to a Battalion for  deployment on an island the size of Nogova.

Also i would like the breifing to be realistic (ish), so it would be nice to refer to them correctly, the infantry aspect is fine - i get how that works from Tygers document, but how do you refer to Air, Artillery and Armour? Do these belong to the Battalion, are they on loan or does it work differently???

In short i have no idea and am looking for some help/guidance. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Need info an Battalion support options
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2005, 15:04:16 »
Sorry mate. Every topic started with "Not sure where to post this question, so ill start here." is either in a wrong board or there is no right board.

There is no right board, so I'm going to have to lock this. There's a discussion going on here about starting a 'realism info' board at OFPEC.

#locked
Not all is lost.