Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AMAZING IDEA!!  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
AMAZING IDEA!!
« on: 19 Mar 2005, 04:14:15 »
Okay, seriously I'm not joking.

Ever played that taxi game on arcade where you drive around people and drop them off to destination and pick up others? Well this could be a little coffee break thing. YOu generate random ppl, with radon destinations and voila OFP Crazy Taxi. You know how awesome that would be?

Ade

Re:AMAZING IDEA!!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2005, 11:10:17 »
Sounds cool, I think it would work best in MP. Put an overall time limit on the mission and whoever gets the most fares wins.

The basic car that each player starts with could be this desirable model:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2845

This Gaz 24 pack includes, would you believe, a taxi  :D

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4381

Then as the game progresses you could get hold of faster cars. The players would have to choose between picking up a fare or looking for a better car. Great fun!

Ade  8)

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2005, 13:35:17 »
I was thinking helicopters too.. Like fares make you money and can purchase better stuff..

bluehand

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2005, 14:08:46 »
I agree, it sounds like a lot of fun.   :D  You could stick a bunch of guys at different towns, then when you pick one up, he names another town at random & asks to be taken there.  I've got some code to do that bit already, because of my own odd idea that I'll post next (random assaults).
You could scatter a few vehicles at different towns, and then the player could go looking for them, with an expectation that something is parked near (say) Chapoi, but not knowing whether it'll be a M113 or UH-60.

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2005, 18:21:02 »
The only problem is cars get wrecked so fast. And trying to push your competition off the road ends up in two cars melding together. :P

But it would be a nice break. Add some nitro scripts and stuff... ;D

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2005, 06:12:27 »
SO LET'S DO IT!

Serial Killer

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2005, 16:39:21 »
Who? Me? I can do it! ;D

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2005, 16:50:42 »
Just one suggestion  ;)

You could make it so if your passenger dies whilst you're taking them to their destination (so, if you get run off the road and they die), you could lose loads of points and money  8)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2005, 23:14:23 »
There's just one slight problem... Most people find driving in OFP being dead boring. :P

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2005, 03:18:17 »
Not if you super power the car it isn't. Check it out, you make the vehicle (except airborn ones) invulnerable. Then you keep camcreating shells behind it and voila. Super nitro system.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2005, 09:24:05 »
Yeah, sounds like a really good mission. doh.  ::)
Not all is lost.

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2005, 13:35:57 »
yah yah. its a coffeebreak thing not a graceful campaign

Dubieman

« Reply #12 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:39:00 »
There are better ways to give a car nitro, no need for shells. Setvelocity... ;D

The only "good" way to improve on OFP driving is to say, code the cars like tanks. So you say, they don't "turn", so what, it'd keep cars from melding together and add some speed to it and it might be interesting.

Maybe... :P

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 22 Mar 2005, 11:03:37 »
OFP is not a racing game. You can turn it into a RPG because the scripting supports it. You can turn it into a RTS because the scripting supports it. But you can't turn it into a racing game because the physics engine forbids it. Have anyone of you actually seen how fucked up OFP's physics engine is? Even if you'd config them as tanks they'd still bounce around like my neighbour's dog. Not to mention how great the AI would handle rammings or just taking a turn with decent speed and not drive half way to Las Vegas off-road. ::)

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #14 on: 22 Mar 2005, 23:25:45 »
I was just suggesting that coding them like tanks would be better than 2 cars melding together. It'd be a tough mission to make and make well. :P

Even if you'd config them as tanks they'd still bounce around like my neighbour's dog

Um.... :P ;D