Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: FADE  (Read 1403 times)

SanjuromackOFP

FADE
« on: 14 Mar 2005, 00:35:09 »
The scary thing about FADE is, that everyone probably suspects that they've activated it somehow. OFP starts chugging... Did I just place too many units in the mission editor? Is it the FlashFX pack I just installed? Or is it because my friend and I both played BF1985 together online when he came over last week, and used only one copy of OFP? FADE is turning me into a gaming hypochondriac, and I suspect I'm not the only one. It would be nice if Codemasters would give use a clue as to whether we've activated FADE or not, but that would defy the whole point of FADE.

What we could do though, is compile a list of the ways to activate FADE (that we know of). A kind of OFP rulebook, so we can avoid touching it off.
i.e. I know that using a copied CD (even for legitimate purposes) will activate FADE. I also know that FADE will activate when two players with the same copy/CDKey enter the same online server, but what about when I play with a friend over a LAN with the same copy/CDKey?

Another thing to include in a FADE guide would be how to deactivate it (for the unfortunate legitimate OFP fans who've activated FADE): Is reinstalling OFP enough, or is it necessary to reformat the hard drive?!

I suggest that everyone who can contribute to this FADE rulebook posts here and I will compile it for distribution on OFPEC. Anyone who knows for certain how FADE is activated, can spot any early signs of FADE activation, or knows what lengths are required to deactivate it will be much apprecited.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:FADE
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2005, 00:42:07 »
I've been playing flashpoint since it came out in NZ, installed damn near every addon/tweak known to man and never been worried about fade.
I've also played a few LAN games in my time with people doing the dodgey with CD keys (not I of course... I would never do that ;D).

Never had a problem.

Anyway, long story short... I don't see how this relates to editing or OFPEC.
So I'm going to have to direct you over to the Official Forums.

# Topic Locked

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2005, 04:12:25 »
Fade only affects weapon accuracy other gameplay related things. Is your machinegun really inaccurate? That may be fade. Are you getting low FPS? That isn't fade. Fade does NOT affect performance, as far as i know. I am just restating what has been said on the offical forums..there is a thread about fade on the official forums like Sui says :)

EDIT: oops, locked!  :-\
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2005, 04:15:00 by Fragorl »

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2005, 04:46:50 »
Sui mate... your getting rusty in your old age....  ;D

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2005, 05:06:43 »
Dammit... tick box... lock thread... too difficult... neeed more caffiiinneee... ;D