Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Red Tide  (Read 30480 times)

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
Re:Red Tide
« Reply #195 on: 20 Jun 2005, 04:39:46 »
@Mikero
outro did no show any LST, that's up to you, and, my favorite bit with the parked wrecks and radiation signs was very short and very blurred. A shame.
I want to make sure I get this right.  Are you talking about the opening shot?

All I have to do is lengthen your favorite scene and the next version will be ready.

-Student Pilot

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #196 on: 20 Jun 2005, 13:18:21 »
@Student

yes, the outro where bmps are landing from the sea. It didn't seem right that no large LST or three were sitting out there. It's very minor, pilot, others would argue it's unrealistic. The eye candy jarred for me without them.

The parked wrecks just looked so damn interesting, it was a nice touch which you always do so well.
---
The 'undocumented feature' of an empty machine gun has reared it's head again three times this last few weeks on other missions. I hope you're providing a small tutorial to Ofpec on how to get round it.
Just say no to bugz

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #197 on: 20 Jun 2005, 15:59:49 »
@LST
I didn't put the LST in the scene because, AFAIK, the landing ships are kept away from the shore.  I always thought they would be 10-20 miles offshore.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  Or, if more of you beta-testers feel the same way Mikero does, I'll add them in.  It should be very simple to do so.

The parked wrecks just looked so d**n interesting, it was a nice touch which you always do so well.
I have been thinking about this.  In the opening scene, how would you like it if I started the camera closer to the base, made it pan slower, and let it pan for a few more seconds so the player can see the wrecks and the base?

The 'undocumented feature' of an empty machine gun has reared it's head again three times this last few weeks on other missions. I hope you're providing a small tutorial to Ofpec on how to get round it.
Oh no, now you want me to write a tutorial? :noo:

-Student Pilot

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #198 on: 21 Jun 2005, 00:37:08 »
>Oh no, now you want me to write a tutorial?

anything that stops you fiddling with Red Tide is a good thing(tm) 8)
Just say no to bugz

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #199 on: 21 Jun 2005, 20:48:56 »
anything that stops you fiddling with Red Tide is a good thing(tm) 8)
Lol, ok, I have decided to submit Red Tide to the missions depot.  The changes in the release version are as follows:
1: I have added a script that, when the number of base defenders are less than 5, tells them to move to the flagpole.  Hopefully this will stop the last loon bug.
2: I have found a strange error in OFP.  Several times when I attempted to destroy the M2 Machine gun with a rocket, the rocket would explode several meters to the side of the M2.  I found out the following:
When the gunner is MoveInDriver'd to the gun, the rocket explodes at the point the gunner was moveindriver'd from, or from his position in the squad, whether his special was set to "none" or "in formation", repectively.  To fix this I set his special to "none" and set him over the gun in the mission editor.  I then checked the guns in the towns and made sure they were all correct.  I don't know if this is a common error or something wrong with my PC.  But whatever it was, it is fixed.

Thanks to all those who beta-tested Red Tide!

-Student Pilot

@Beta Testers:
If I have not mentioned you in the readme, please accept my sincerest apologies and send me a message so I can add your name in.

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available, with required addons, from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2009, 01:03:43 by Walter_E_Kurtz »