Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: someone make this rifle! (styr AMR)  (Read 2071 times)

thatguy

someone make this rifle! (styr AMR)
« on: 04 Oct 2002, 21:17:22 »
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn46-e.htm

looks neat someone go make!

PunkerSXDX

Re:someone make this rifle! (styr AMR)
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2002, 01:21:12 »
That is Cool will some one PLEASE make it (remember your Please and thank you's) ;)

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2002, 01:21:37 »
I have to admit that is one sexy "rifle"(?!?)
I'm not sure how it could be used... If it's to be used against armor, then wouldn't an anti armor missile, or even attack helo be the better option? ( Unless those options were not available... ) It is WAY TOO MUCH weapon for use in a anti-personel role. I suppose it could be useful for Taliban-style guerilla attacks against a much more powerful force, ie. tanks... but the gunner would likely only be able to get off one or two shots, before a tank platoon commander opened up a can of counter-sniper whoop ass. And the gunner would have to be a hell of an athelete to get such a heavy weapon far enough/fast enough before being obliterated by counter-battery fire...

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2002, 02:29:57 »
i dont think we need this rifle..........cause we dont have ne Austrian soldiers.....and its too expensive for Taliban soldiers/terrorists to afford, and its a prototype........
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2002, 02:34:55 by OCOM_LMLVLM »

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2002, 04:19:44 »
Well...
We don't really have to have Austrians  for it to be a viable addon. For instance, the united States armed forces, particularly the Special Operations Command use weapons from many different countries... too many to list.
Terrorists can buy, borrow, and steal just about anything they want/need. Al Quaida for instance, was very well funded with a budget estimated to be more than a hundred million dollars per year. Ten or even twenty thousand dollars for such a weapon as this, is a good trade for a twenty million dollar tank or helocopter, or even a parked bomber ( A B-2 costs more than a billion dollars per plane. ) What about a shot at the Afghan President Karzai, in his heavily armored SUV with US SEAL DEVGRU bodyguards... now thats a great idea for a OFP mission!
I might have to take back my earlier statement about it being too much for use as an anti-personel weapon... so is the .50 BMR rifles such as the Barret and the Russian V94. And the fact it fires a fin stabilised dart makes it very accurate as well. Sub-MOA groups at two miles might even be possible.
BTW, lets not forget work is being done and progress made on a guided projectile, known as BLAM. Go here for info:

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/ae/labinfo/AAL/blam_concept.html

And speaking of prototypes, so is the V-80 ( KA-50 Blackshark ) OFFICIAL addon from BIS. All weapon systems were a prototype before they were put into production, thats just basic manufacturing.
Sure, it could be a fairly viable addon. Any takers...?

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2002, 09:25:51 »
Yeah, KA50 was a prototype, 25 years ago............
ya saying that Al Quaida can buy stuff like that......then why arent they using teh M1A2's instead of an old n crappy T55's ?? and an oicw's instead of an ak47's ??........... >:(

LimeCordial

« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2002, 13:52:31 »
because the companies that make those arent very likely to be selling m1a2s to any just person are they?

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2002, 21:44:50 »
They can only buy what is available on the black market... which is stuff usually "reappropriated" from legitimate sources or collected as battlefield remains/surplus.
You are not going to find an Abrams on the black market... But you could find some really great bargains on top of the line gear that is easier to move... such as an Anti Material Rifle.
Think about the Mogadishu, Somlia situation... The battle took place primarily in the vacinity of the Bakara Market. Military hardware could be bought and sold there in the open. Any gear from any previous conflict could be found there. After the "Battle Of The Black Sea" ( BHD ), I'd imagine that all manner of US military hardware was available for sale, as well. In the book, there was mention of a brand new, never before fired, M-16A2 still in its nylon bag just lying out on the street. It had been intended for sale at the market before the US forces were even in Somalia.

3XTR3ME

« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2002, 05:09:58 »
Hmmmm....there really isnt a way to stop weapons from getting out into the main stream is there?

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2002, 08:31:39 »
Nope. Except maybe to price them prohibitively to begin with, or limit the numbers of weapons produced.

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2002, 10:48:18 »
Cool! We can always have more Steyr rifles. And BTW not only do the Austrians use Steyr rifles, but us Aussies do too!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #11 on: 09 Oct 2002, 22:03:03 »
Yeah and they Look all Funkey too!  :D

Vladmir

« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2002, 10:53:22 »
Alot of steyrs stuff does look creepy, but a select few were not beaten as severely with the giant uglysick ;)...