Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Worlds folder in mod folder?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Wildebeest

• Contributing Member
  • The time the wildebeest ruled the Earth.
Worlds folder in mod folder?
« on: 09 Mar 2005, 22:23:04 »
Hi! I wanna use the old island Desert Malden in a mod folder but the addon consists of two files and one is supposed to go in the "Worlds" folder. However, when I create a "Worlds" folder in the mod folder and put the file in there and the other file in addons, it doesn't work. I have put animations in DTA folders and such stuff before and that works. But Worlds simply doesn't seem to get recognized by OFP.

Help, plz.. thx :)
Weeee...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Worlds folder in mod folder?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2005, 22:32:22 »
Put it in the standard Worlds folder......then it should work.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:06:50 »
Put it in the standard Worlds folder......then it should work.

Planck

I don't think you understood him. Wildebeest I know its possible, I did that with BIN, DTA, even DXDLL, anything that would normaly be in the OFP directory can be put into a mod folder. Also, you said it included two files, what was the other file?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:19:01 »
I presume the second file was a pbo containing the config for said island and maybe the textures also.

The config probably points to the standard Worlds folder for the .wrp file, thats why I suggested he put it in there, otherwise he will have to edit the config for it.

Planck

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:40:39 »
Making
modfolder/worlds
Shoudl work just the same as /addons and /DTA etc, I see no reason why not.. Scripts that use /PBOName/script.sqs etc work fine, so I don't see why not.. :-\
- Ben

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:57:53 »
You know, thinking about it..........you are right it should work......except in this case it isn't.

If it doesn't use custom textures that are in a custom pbo......then it will probably be looking for them in Landtext.pbo or Abel.pbo.....etc etc.

And it won't find them in the mod folder, unless they were copied there also. I would have thought the island would still have loaded though

Planck
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2005, 00:01:47 by Planck »

Offline Wildebeest

• Contributing Member
  • The time the wildebeest ruled the Earth.
« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2005, 12:02:21 »
Yeah, I guess I have to store it in the regular worlds folder then. It's just that I'm working on this missions with lots of addons that I'm gonna send to people who wanna play... and it would have been much easier for them just to recieve a mod folder with all the files. Ah well, it's not big deal. Thanks guys. :)
Weeee...

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2005, 20:57:13 »
It shouldnt even matter, a worlds folder in a mod folder would be pointless, the files in the world folder arn't like .pbo's, they don't cause the memory probs on start up or anything like that. Just place the islands .PBO file in a mod addons folder and it should be perfectly fine.

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 11 Mar 2005, 15:37:22 »
I don't think you understood him. Wildebeest I know its possible, I did that with BIN, DTA, even DXDLL, anything that would normaly be in the OFP directory can be put into a mod folder. Also, you said it included two files, what was the other file?

I hate to go off topic... but the DXDLL .dll can be placed in a mod folder?  Hmm, I never tried that... nifty.

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #9 on: 11 Mar 2005, 22:01:17 »
Yes I don't remember how I did it (cause I don't have it in one anymore) but I am pretty sure if you put it in the root mod folder directory it should work fine.