Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unwanted War  (Read 2173 times)

HUSTLA23

Unwanted War
« on: 03 Mar 2005, 01:23:57 »
Hello All,

Recently I had a lot of free time (school)  ;), so I thought of a relatively good mission idea.
You are Russian Private  (???) and you are caught in  the middle of a war. A bit of an alternate timeline is needed: Gorby died in a car accident or something, so its '98 and the Soviet Union is goin strong.  Nogova is divided into 2 parts, East and West, divided along the river. The Russians, always the greedy ones they nare, sent in a team of spetz natz (???) to take some strtegic place (A factory or something). Russian high command  was hoping that the americans would keep the land grab under wraps- to embarrasing. Fortunately (or not, depending on where your from  ::)) the attack failed. A little war has broken out on the island.
I was thinking of using the E/S marines, INQ m1 and m60, RAD f/a-18's, dkm stuff, HYK US infantry, RF motorized Infantry.
If I missed any good ones, or messed up, suggestions would be apprecciated.
Thnx!

;D
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2005, 02:40:43 by HUSTLA23 »

johan_d2

Re:Unwanted War
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2005, 01:50:29 »
Your idea is setting the start of the mission.. what happens then?

HUSTLA23

« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2005, 02:15:04 »
Good point.
This is my first topic, so gimme a little slack.
Uh I was thinking of having some sort of raid, probably botched. Lots of air support, oh no, trhe pig dogs shot down the mi-28, blow up their aa, etc....

EDIT:
JUst amazed someone replied, actually
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2005, 02:15:34 by HUSTLA23 »

johan_d2

« Reply #3 on: 03 Mar 2005, 02:32:12 »
JUst amazed someone replied, actually

Yeah, same here.. check my Lockdown topic.. just below..

HUSTLA23

« Reply #4 on: 03 Mar 2005, 02:47:29 »
Did I mention I have never made a real mission (On my own)? ::)

Serial Killer

« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2005, 15:01:41 »
Gorby died in a car accident or something, so its '98
Uhm.. I think that Soviet Union broked in '90, wtf?

Mr. Cheese

« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2005, 19:59:58 »
Gorbachev was the one who, effectively, brought the Soviet Union down with his Westernised ways...Saying that, Brezhnev was an idiot himself..anyway..If Gorbachev were to have died, a strong[er] leader may have taken and sustained the Soviet Union.

Decent enough mission idea, although it seems more like a campaign story..i.e the Spetznaz team was a catalyst for a hidden war.

OrangeLeader

« Reply #7 on: 08 Mar 2005, 06:14:26 »
How about making the island as Soviet Block country aka Really the Soviet Union, but not to the international community. So the Soviets are using this county to expand.(taking the Factory, etc.) The plan fails, but now the Americans are onto the scent. The Americans use the attack to launch a peace keeping/stablization, of this "rebelling" country. Since it is in 98 there should be a large air campaign first. In recent years that has been adopted as a primary stradegy. Could make a really cool cut scene out of this. Then the mission shows patrolling around keeping the "peace." You are really engaging Soviet soldiers operating within the country. The US attempts to keep this fact under raps, becasue they do not want to start a larger conflict. And so does the USSR seeing as they do not want to be embarrased. Fianlly peace is restored, but the end cut scene shows the Soveit leaders planning a new stradgey for somewhere else.

AS for the mission part that is up to you, I have come up with a story. If you like it I can try to think of a mission idea.

HUSTLA23

« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2005, 02:43:16 »
Thanks for your interest.
I was thinking of a small series of missions. The first would have our bewildered youing private defending a small town from US force. Not knowing his side started the war, he assumes the Americans are just beinmg evil capitalist pig dogs. (I'll have to have that Russian kid in my boy scpout troup voice him...) However, a mcouple of Abrams (INQ) rush them, and their air support is shot down, (or falls apart- Russian poece of crap) and they run like hell. Good idea for a first mission, to get the story going?
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2005, 03:03:21 by HUSTLA23 »

OrangeLeader

« Reply #9 on: 09 Mar 2005, 18:45:01 »
That wil get it started, but you are still going to have show the player the big picture in cut scenes. Show the SF russian assult fail and show the US gearing up for an invasion...the shock and aw campaign is a must in mu opinion. You really don't see the aircrafts of OFP used that much in cutscenes.

HUSTLA23

« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2005, 03:17:28 »
For the cutrscene I was thinking having a bunch of kisck-a** spetz natz guys geared up and ready to go- then their chopper hits a F*****g tree, and land on some poor sap watching the moon rise. The first mission in the pack would be all story. You would be sitting around town, some guys would be smoking (Saw an addon on ofp.cz for that somewhere), and suddenly, a retaliatory US air strike would begin. I was thinking about this in class. A lot of arty (thank you, CoC) would blow the crap out of your local Tungeska, then some of those ri-done a-10's (I think by DSL) and RAH-66's would come blazing in, and all hell would break loose. I thought, "How could I make it more immersive?" Then it hit me: the BEST airstrike music ever: Ride of the Valkries! anyone whos ever seen Apocaylipse Now knows. SO, when my teacher made me get off the floor and stop singing in class, I thought of the end: You return to base alone, everyone else dead in a UAZ, and you see your commander leaning over a map, curseing a blue streak. American and Russian helicopters battle overhead. And your losiung. Fade to black.
 Sound good?

Dubieman

« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2005, 04:22:11 »
From your idea, it sounds addon heavy. :P

But COC arty is a very worthy download. ;D

Okay, for cutscene why is this chopper crashing into a tree?
Might be better to just show the kick arse spetzies (I make these commandos sound pretty girlie don't I? :D) and they jump in their heli and off they go... Maybe their chopper dodges some AA fire or something...

The airstrike mission sounds great. However I cannot remember how many times I've heard of someone using or was going to use that song, Ride of the Valkries, but I haven't been around long enough to know how many times it was used before I got here. :P

But just the futility of the mission seems like a good idea. Just run and avoid the big flashes at all costs. 8) Then the ride up in a uaz full of "stiffs" makes it seem like you went through hell to get to where you're going.

Sounds good so far. ;)

HUSTLA23

« Reply #12 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:05:41 »
I was going to have the spetzies gear up and be all macho, you know, ready to go. Then, on the way there, the hit a damn tee and fall on a US tent, some random civvie peeing in a bush, whatever. It wojld be homourously anti-climactic. I fyou think it doesnt fit, Ill change it, though.
I decided to do all the voices in english with fake sounding Russian accents. I dont speak russian, and a lot of people in OFP don't anyway. If they do, well, they'll have to learn to speak God's language (English).
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2005, 03:19:17 by HUSTLA23 »

Dubieman

« Reply #13 on: 11 Mar 2005, 04:54:49 »
Actually if you want to put it in, to be humorous, try it. I'd have to see it first to pass judgement. :P :)

If they do, well, they'll have to learn to speak God's language (English).
That sort of talk could get a man into a bad situation in a dark alley. ;D :D

HUSTLA23

« Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2005, 02:48:58 »
Ya, I thought about it, and I'm going to have the spetzies die in some big fight. It would be a botched OP, like their helicopter was shot down and only a few survived.