Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HALO from a C130  (Read 6157 times)

Offline CAS_Daniel

• Members
  • Rifleman
Re:HALO from a C130
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2005, 10:26:09 »
Woah, really cool! Strange feeling actually walking inside a vehicle on Flashpoint while its moving  :P Just tried it, and it works pretty much perfect. Only problem i managed to find is that you can run sometimes fall out when you try and get in the cockpit, but you can always still HALO.  ;)
Pretty much perfect, excellant effect, look forward to using it in a mission.  :D
Romeo 2.5 UK-based Light Infantry Platoon
forums.romeo25.com/

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2005, 15:18:01 »
Thanks for the reply CAS_Daniel  ;D

It definitely has its limitations with the cockpit and all.  You have to be delicate with these scripts, if you try and screw things up then chances are the scripts will screw up.  :P

I wanted to mention that I could change the scripts so that the player is controlled running out the door.  In other words it would be up to you the player to jump out of the plane, then in your action menu there would be something like "Jump Position", which would get you into the freefall position and then finally you could pull the rip cord.

Anybody like this idea or should we leave that its automatically done?

Blip :joystick:
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2005, 18:00:45 »
Sounds good, going to try it now.

CAS_Daniel those cockpit problems have nothing to do with this script. I have been doing all sorts with the C-130, its merely a fault in the addon.

-supershooter

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2005, 21:54:22 »
Just thought of something that might stop the falling through the plane in some places.

Would it be possible to have pallets just under the floor of the plane, so if you do go through it, you only fall through acouple of inches.
If the planes not moving, with some trial and error it should be doable, but if it will work is another question  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #19 on: 27 Jun 2005, 22:06:31 »
Just thought of something that might stop the falling through the plane in some places.

Would it be possible to have pallets just under the floor of the plane, so if you do go through it, you only fall through acouple of inches.
If the planes not moving, with some trial and error it should be doable, but if it will work is another question  

@greg147

This actually works rather well.  My initial design for these scripts did just that.  The only hard part is making it so that the pallets and the plane don't collide.  I will put up an example later today.  

Your right though, this definitely eliminates falling through the plane.  It also reduces any glitches as a result of the plane setpositioning.  

Only downsides are the wood showing on the floor and the cargo door is on a slight slant which you can't do with the pallets.  Finally, any Cutscenes often can see the pallets since they stick out from the plane.  

Like I said I will put up an example in wee bit shouldn't take long I already have the scripts.

« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2005, 22:07:05 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: 09 Jul 2005, 01:46:37 »
blip,

the best halo script yet! i've used it on my vbs1 and it looks awesome. what i do is give the "0,0,1" command and just run right off the ramp because whenever i let the script do it, i got stuck on the ramp ???. the free-fall is good and i can keep a good accountability of my other jumpers. i hope you will expand your work to be used for static-line parachute ops with more paratroopers, but this is an excellent script. one question, is it possible for the AI to do it own it's own? i like doing missions where i have multiple missions playing out and i usually have a recon team jumping into enemy terrority.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #21 on: 09 Jul 2005, 02:28:01 »
nice script,

one sugjestion,

when the units start falling you should setvelocity them in the opisite direction the plane is faceing, then if they look up they wont see that the plane is right above them even though it should be hundreds of meters  away.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #22 on: 09 Jul 2005, 02:44:02 »
Gee. I don't know much about scripting Blip, but those jpg's are impessive. Hope you, or someone, tries them out as overview images.
Just say no to bugz

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #23 on: 09 Jul 2005, 03:34:32 »
Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you all like it!

@bugkill
I have never tried allowing the AI to do it alone (will look in to this). I have however been able to get the scripts to work without need of the radio, I will post an example mission soon.

It's great to hear that it works on vbs1.  Its definitely an awesome way to start a mission.

@penguinman
I didn't include this in the example mission but if you give the plane a waypoint to move to, then put a global varibal that when set true makes the plane stop the setpos loop then you could have the plane fly off.  I will try to add this in the next version.

@Mikero
Good to hear that somebody thought they were cool.  I actually took those at only a 1000m off the ground by just using camera.sqs

By the way I am working on the static line thing, it may be awhile though.  First attempts were not so good.
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jul 2005, 06:42:52 »
hey blip, as with the rappel scripts, i believe i can help you out here as well.

after staring at your scripts for a while (working it all out in my head) I realized that It can
1)be modified to work for unlimited numbers of jumpers
2) be consolidated into less scripts

it'll take a while cause they're fairly complicated (that stupid special positioning for the leader  ;D among others) so gimme some time but trust me its gonna kick ass once in get it working

I'm also considering dling the c130 addon (i did those rappel scripts without the addon) :P ::) :o hehe

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #25 on: 12 Jul 2005, 16:00:09 »
Hey Trigger,

Glad to have you on board again.  Sorry I am not one to put comments in my scripts so they do take a bit to decipher.  

Like I mentioned early I have had trouble with the unlimited jumpers but if you can do it then that would be awesome  ;D.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: 12 Jul 2005, 16:24:58 »
k, I'll pm you

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: 12 Jul 2005, 19:55:54 »
iv'e only got one script left to fix (and the calls for it), but i need to talk to you about it, check your pm

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #28 on: 13 Jul 2005, 04:41:37 »
ok, figured out the answer to the q i was gonna ask.

would you know, perchance, how many people fit in the cargo section of the plane?

i'll probably go figure that out now as well

one more:
do you care about the player being off to the side like that?
other wise i could make a second line...

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #29 on: 13 Jul 2005, 05:17:28 »
I positioned the player off to the side so that they could have some room to run around without having to bump into the AI.  It doesn't have to be that way though.  Experiment, see what you like best.  Chances are what you like will be cool with everyone.

...NIGHT WALKER....