Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: non hurting explosions??  (Read 2441 times)

supergruntsb78

Re:non hurting explosions??
« Reply #15 on: 27 Feb 2005, 03:20:10 »
hmmmmmm nobody knows a answer?  come on guys please i need them desperty and im a scripting idiot so please help me  (dresses up like poor old woman and bags to be helped)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 27 Feb 2005, 08:44:46 »
If you camcreate a grenade at [x,y,-100] (Play about with the -100 number).  You will create an explosion that doesn't hurt.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #17 on: 27 Feb 2005, 09:28:39 »
You can easily config an explosion (or grenades) that don't hurt, but from the mission editor point of view there is not much other choice that drop...
(or that underground explosion, which might not always work...)

Altough configging couple of 'hurtless' grenades would make the AddOn to be about 2kb in size that would not be a huge download ::)
Just change hit and indirectHit values to 0...

If anyone's [still] interested, I think the damage is done by the bold bits:
Eh???
Those are just the ammo/weapon names that are shown in varius places, like in the tanks HUD, rearming actions etc...
nameSound="shell" makes the commander say 'Sabot' when you select the Sabot and nameSound="heat" makes the commander say 'Heat'...
The '$STR' means it refers to a stringtable.csv where all the BIS weapon etc names are (all stings, hence the stringtable...)...

The damage is done by hit and indirectHit (indirectHit is in collaboration of indirectHitRange of course) in the CfgAmmo class, not in CfgWeapons...
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2005, 09:30:33 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Dubieman

« Reply #18 on: 27 Feb 2005, 18:11:05 »
ECP included "fused" grenade ppl in the ECP mod. They were just basic soldiers with working rifles and dud grenades. Is that what you're looking for?

Also check the ed depot, I thought Ktotte and someone else made the kind of grenades you're looking for...
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2005, 18:11:56 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
« Reply #19 on: 27 Feb 2005, 22:09:02 »
nameSound="shell" makes the commander say 'Sabot' when you select the Sabot and nameSound="heat" makes the commander say 'Heat'...
The '$STR' means it refers to a stringtable.csv where all the BIS weapon etc names are (all stings, hence the stringtable...)
That's what you'd think (not 'you' personally, just another turn of phrase! The offending 'damage' should be read as 'damage to the reality of the simulation', not 'damage' as an effect or parameter.)

Extract from Stringtable.csv:

STR_DN_SHELL   HEAT     
STR_MN_SHELL   HEAT     
STR_SN_SHELL   HEAT     
STR_DN_HEAT   Sabot     
STR_MN_HEAT   Sabot     
STR_SN_HEAT   Sabot   

My guess is that nameSound="heat" says "Sabot" and nameSound="shell" says "HEAT".  So, pulling together all the facts:

.............IHR....H......IH....S/T tag...............S/T val...Real life equivalent
Shell73.....8....100....90....$STR_DN_SHELL...HEAT......HEAT (bang)
Shell105...8....150...110
Shell120...8....200...150
Shell125...8....180...100   
Shell.........8........0.......0  
HEAT73....1....400...100....$STR_DN_HEAT....Sabot.....Sabot (clang)
HEAT105..1....450...150
HEAT120..1....700...300
HEAT125..1....600...300
HEAT........1........0.......0

Edit 08/03/05 adds class Shell and class HEAT flagged by pr0ph3t.

My memory was slightly off - it's the cfgAmmo classes that are arse about face and the stringtable fudges the error.  Because the flash of the explosion is defined by 'Hit', a sabot strike (HEAT class ammo) looks a far more dangerous explosion than it actually is, further compounding the confusion.

Configging an ammo class with Hit and indirectHit equal to zero obviously won't hurt much, but I suspect there won't be much of a visible explosion either. Sensible Hit and indirectHit values with an indirectHitRange of zero might give a visual but not a 'physical' effect - as long as it doesn't actually 'hit' something (I'm assuming there's negligible chance of the FX explosion actually hitting a unit). But that's another guess...
Edit 08/03/05: pr0ph3t's use of 'HEAT' and 'Shell' suggests that zero Hit and indirectHit still create an explosion.

Unless someone knows better, it might also be worth recording that indirectHit effects extend out to TWICE the indirectHitRange (my experience was that a standard ShellXX had to be airbursted 16m above ground level to avoid explosion dust effects on the ground).

Can I go and put my anorak away now?

@ Supergruntssb78:   Getting back OT, either:
Use HEAT73 or Shell as the least dangerous rounds and keep your fingers crossed,
or:
pick through cfgAmmo section in the Commented Configs' cfgWeapons.hpp (in the Editor's Depot)to see if there's something even better now you know what to look for.

The camCreate code that's been referred to is:

boom = "shell73" CamCreate [x,y,z]

There are a million and one ways to derive the position [x,y,z] - markers, objects, etc and many ways to set it off.  Post what you actually want to do and I'm sure someone will give you a leg up.

As an opener:

Trigger:
Anybody Present Once
both radii 50
name: boom1
text: boom1
On Activation: boom = "shell73" CamCreate (GetPos boom1)

When a unit gets within 50m of the trigger a shell73 will explode at the centre position of the trigger.  Probably - I like to think I won't get something this simple wrong, but it's been a long post. Anyway, have a play... just change all boom1's for boom2, boom3 etc in subsequent triggers.

« Last Edit: 08 Mar 2005, 14:02:47 by ACF »

supergruntsb78

« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2005, 00:06:29 »
i dont know what did it but if im correct the ROC mod has a practice grenade (and weapons) ill check if im correct ill figure out a way to get them to usage with out the entire mod

nuzzimauro

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2005, 20:11:18 »
write into a unit’s init field:

this addeventHandler ["killed", {_this setdammage 0}];