Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Y2K3 Problem  (Read 1091 times)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
Y2K3 Problem
« on: 09 Feb 2005, 17:53:15 »
I downloaded Y2K3 agin last night (it's never worked for me) but all I ever get when I try and start is "Dat File Read Error (config.bin)

I've tried changing the config files cos there's a few supplied but this hasn't helped.. I've tried changing the shortcut to have -mod=y2k3 aswell as -mod=res;y2k3  but neither work.

Any ideas?

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re:Y2K3 Problem
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2005, 01:08:33 »
hmm, mines downloading now, long long download.  im glad i got cable. those poor, poor 56kers. I can only imagine their furious frustration as there computer puts the estimated download time at 2 weeks.

dont know about your problem though. maby one of the other things like dxxl or ecp is fowling it.

dan ick

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2005, 13:48:47 »
 ;D Hi

I am also having a little problem,it says BAS_AIRWEAP requires addon 'bis_resistance'.The thing is i have GOTY edition and 1.96.Does anyone one know why.Also when it does go on to the first screen where you choose campaign,mission editor etc...... it has a big grey box covering them all and the screen just bounces up and down.

:'( :-\ Hope someone can help.

thanks

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2005, 00:25:17 »
Oi sailors..

I've heard about this problem recently from a friend, we "solved it" but first I would like to know one thing..Do you guys use the links that are provided in the MOD folder, or do you use an external link to the Mod folder made buy yourself...because in the case that I know of, the cause to the error was created by trying to start an external link made by him self, instead of using the link allready provided in the Mod folder.

???Go figure if you can, because on my machine both ways work equaly well.

[shadow=black,left,300][RT]SuperTron[/shadow]
As you walk along your path, you pray for your life . .
It pries your soul apart, you know the raptor is out tonight . .
Mind..release the fear, because prey..you will be . .
(c)[Raptor Tacticals]SuperTron
+- PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND, IT WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE ALIVE -+