Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Music in ofpec  (Read 1384 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Music in ofpec
« on: 04 Feb 2005, 02:13:32 »
i dont know about everybody else but i think some music would be nice while surfing ofpec. There could be a different songs playing like playlist that plays random titles of a list selected by ofpec staff of like 300 songs so u would never get bored.(Not that ofpec is boring)

if thats not possible then maby just a good catchy song even without words like the allies and arms site"they have the band of brothers song going(er did at least).

i think ofpec needs somthing better though, like the theme song for the excelent movie Starship Troopers- ya that would be perfect for ofpec" i could get it if u want.

but the point is, ofpec needs music.

but there may be some kind of server stuff that wont alow u to.

thanks

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:Music in ofpec
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2005, 02:43:02 »
www.winamp.com   ... ;)

But seriously, while the idea is a good one, it's not practical for OFPEC.

It would make a very large and unnecessary dent in our bandwidth as you have to remember that the songs have to be loaded and played to *every single* person that visits the site (we average nearly 6000 visits per day during the week and nearly 13,000/day during the weekends).

We would also have to look at renting the songs or paying royalties as it's a "public performance", we can't just get away with playing them as we find them.

And lastly, we would likely get more complaints than compliments for doing so.

So while we appreciate the suggestion, unfortunately this isn't one we would consider undertaking.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2005, 03:03:34 »
yeah, i prefer sites to not have songs built in, especially since I like to listen to my own music, and it would become a jumbled mess.  Just load some songs up on you're comp right before you go to ofpec... ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2005, 03:42:07 »
What?    Are you seriously suggesting that looking at ofpec doesn't make you sing aloud?

Well I dunno, I suppose it takes all sorts ......
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2005, 04:36:35 »
What TriggerHappy said, I usually have Windows media player goin when surfin. 8) ;D

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 05 Feb 2005, 05:11:16 »
Winamp all the way  ;D