Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 180 degree rotated tanks turret pointing to azimut 0 on client  (Read 1658 times)

wwwutz

... but not on the server.

Problem: dummy mission
   *  3 soldiers E, W & R
   *  2 tanks placed on the field (M1A1 in this case, but it doesn't matter, works with any standard supplied turret vehicle)
   * tank 1 placed on map rotated by 180 degrees (azimut 180)
   * tank 2 placed on map rotated by 270 degrees

when I now preview this setup in MP I see everythings fine. Tank lookin' south, its cannon doing the same searching for nice little other objects to fire at.

but... when I now enter from another client, all tanks are rotated correct, but the cannons are pointing north (azimut 0).

so looking at one screen (server) everything is ok, looking at the other screen (client) all cannons point north. When I then enter a tank from the client the turret starts rotating until both (server and client) are in sync with their cannon-direction.

is this a know issue ? Am I missing something very basic ?

here are some screenshots:

* server side: http://www.wwwutz.de/ofp/ofp-server.jpg
  * wrong client: http://www.wwwutz.de/ofp/ofp-client.jpg
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2005, 17:19:53 by wwwutz »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
:o I suppose you scripted the directions the tanks are supposed to look, right? Or are they just facing different directions, with no input from you?!? It sounds like a publicVariableproblem, albeit a strange one. I've never heard avbout it before.  
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

wwwutz

:o I suppose you scripted the directions the tanks are supposed to look, right? Or are they just facing different directions, with no input from you?!? It sounds like a publicVariableproblem, albeit a strange one. I've never heard avbout it before.  

Hehe, that's the weird thing: NO SCRIPTING AT ALL.  Open up the editor, drop tanks and players, set azimut for the tanks and go. connect from another machine, one east, one west and whoosh the servers player has everything right, the client has turrent pointing north.

No variables, no init's, no nothing. plain mp-mission. one mission.sqm and one description.ext for respawn. not even a little respawn scriptiekiddie.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Than I'm as puzzled as you are. I will have a look at it when I get home (my boss doesn't allow OFP in the office for some strange reason).
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Korax

To clients, all vehicles pre--placed on the map and not created during the game start with their turrets facing north.

Really nothing you can do about it, unless you createvehicle them at the start of the mission instead of pre-placing them

wwwutz

... that means:

1. use the graphical editor to place tanks
2. go in preview with a soldier reporting coordinates
3. fine-tune positions in preview, grab pencil, write down coordinates
4. text-edit mission.sqm to reflect written down tuned positions
5. go back to 1. until finished
6. grep all tanks from mission.sqm to a blah.sqs
7. go to graphical editor, delete all tanks
8. if anything failes, go to 1.
9. cry.

you must be kidding...

Methinks I'm missed something very very basic in mission-editing.
There must be a more convinient way to fine-tune object-positions.
Any hint ? Anything about how not to stumble over this turret..."bug ?"

Ok, before anyone else says it: 'real'-mission-editors use vi. 8-)