Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cannot load mission missing addons...  (Read 996 times)

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
Cannot load mission missing addons...
« on: 22 Jan 2005, 16:47:24 »
There was no place for ofp bugs so I post it here.

When I try to load a mission it says "Cannot load mission missing addons: "somethng,,," and that something is what I already have installed and even isn't required by the mission. I press okay and the mission continues but I lose the intro !!!!!!!

My theory is that it gives this when there are too many addons installed, yes I have tried with the nomap parameter... and even if I have like 4 pbos in a mod folder it still gives that message novadays, what can I do?  ???

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Cannot load mission missing addons...
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2005, 17:45:12 »
OFP goes a bit mad sometimes, particularly in relation to addons.    Try rebooting, emptying your addons folders, rebooting again then playing an original BIS mission.

OFPEC is not a general OFP site, it covers editing related topics only.    Try the troubleshooting boards over at the official forums www.flashpoint1985.com and the Avon Lady's FAQ.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Cannot load mission missing addons...
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2005, 18:23:26 »
Unpbo the mission and check the mission.sqm for what addons the mission really needs. Then remove all other addons from your ofp startup.

There was no place for ofp bugs so I post it here.
99% of locked topics have been started with "I didn't find a board for this so..".
If there's not a board for it, don't post it.  ;)

#locked
Not all is lost.