Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how would you use the upcoming mid east res units?  (Read 1959 times)

BronzeEagle

how would you use the upcoming mid east res units?
« on: 16 Jan 2005, 20:28:11 »
I don't know cuz to me, its an enemy you can't touch.  
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2005, 21:11:51 by BronzeEagle »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:how would you use the upcoming mid east res units?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2005, 08:02:48 »
Full Spectrum Warrior used a mid eastern theme and it worked fine. Although I'd prefer if they'd used Iraq as the name of the country instead of Zekistan or whatever they said it was. ::)

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2005, 08:26:54 »
I don't see why people get so defensive about using modern topics in games. The way I see, we should be free to talk or show in any form any subject we choose. Freedom of speech 'n all

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2005, 09:23:21 »
morally i have no problem with it, but i mean come on, those are the same terrorists you see on the video cameras that al jazeera get, not the ones that are killed during battle.  They battle dressed totally different.  There's always room for possibilities though.  That's why i was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

OH I GOT AN IDEA.  

You play as a reporter who's trying to get an interview with al qaeda operatives so you go into the country of afghanistan with your camera and your crew and finally meet up with some and gain their trust because your nationality is also middle eastern.  They always wear their masks, but they begin trusting you more and more until one day you finally meet the man, osama bin laden, then you press a button on your camera and in come the special forces, awesome mission.    
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2005, 09:30:44 by BronzeEagle »

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2005, 12:56:10 »
BIS used NATO against USSR in their first campaign. What is the difference from using any other countries or military alliances in your missions / campaigns?

I don't see any difference.

If you think that using a certain enemy (or as your side) like Iraq or terrorist groups would be offending to some people (probably to some American people it would), what about all the people living in the ex-USSR? How do they feel?

What are you allowed to do in the game and not offend average Joe?

Any country against any other country is fine. Terrorist groups against any country is fine. Terrorists against terrorists... fine.

If these guidelines offend someone, 'someone' is not seeing the world, but only about 2 meters ahead.

What I would leave out?

Racism.
Any pr0n that doesn't include adults of opposite sex.

:P

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2005, 18:17:05 »
I see your story not going from spec ops getting Osama, but instead a kind of fight to get away. Something goes wrong and they take you captive and keep killing off ppl on the cam crew and finally its your turn or something and you have to escape....

As for making ppl angry, it wouldn't offend me if you made a USA vs terrorist mission, just don't push out tooo much hate stufffrom either sides then we get into flaming and politics, we kinda want to concentrate on the mission. :)

Homefry31464

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2005, 19:30:22 »
What upcoming addons are we talking about...?

BronzeEagle

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2005, 14:00:57 »
mid east resistance on ofp.info.  Anyways-
I think a good idea would be to use some dump truck addon or something and play as a construction worker sent to Iraq, then all of a sudden you're being targeted by al qaeada cuz when they tried to kidnap you you had a gun on you and shot them and got away.  

Offline AirCav

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2005, 01:41:04 »
They already have a terrorist addon.  It's palastinian terrorists with full distoshas (mandress), schmocks (headdress) and eckgals (overcoat, like a cape).  What I would like to see are more civilians wearing these things.  

I've already made a mission that depicts a typical terrorist attack on an American convoy.  Hit and run sortof deal.  Don't think they always get away though.  WE knab a good number of them!

-Air

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2005, 22:39:22 »
Why not make a mission based on an attack on Lybia or Iran. Hmm.  ;D

I'd use them in a terrorist situation. Like a kidnap rescue or something.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Commando

« Reply #10 on: 03 Feb 2005, 10:59:47 »
some urban combat situations in tonahl when i get 1 gig in ram memory  :P
maybe in a month or so i'll start doing some terrorists vs usa and other goverments skirmishes  8) kind of small firefight missions
just need to try to stay sharp on the addons used  ;D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #11 on: 05 Feb 2005, 19:26:08 »
I haven't known a terrorist mastermind against the united states to get away from us to die in the arms of freedom.  They either die in war or get caught one way or another during their lifetime.  Some day we're going to get bin laden.  I wonder what its going to be like.  The only way he gets away is if we give up.  If we found aidid in Africa, we found  saddam, we found escobar, we can find bin laden.  Bin Laden knows though, that if he stays in a landlocked nation he can just sneak across a border here or there.  If I were in the Army, I'd set up a series of radar stations and constant flowing patrols on the border first, then once the border is observed, i'd send the soldiers in.  I'd totally shut down the country's airspace and that'd be it, he'll either die or come peacefully.  Some say he left afghanistan, but that could be anti intelligence.  What if he's in pakistan?  His bodyguards are doing everything for him I think.  He probably lives like a kid, where everyone does his shopping for him and he stays inside.  In Pakistan its going to be harder to trace his radio signal because they got cellies over there and its modernized.  They'll be picking up millions and millions of transmissions and sorting bin laden's out, out of all those people is going to be hard.  Plus intelligence will be even harder to get cuz theres a whole political party in charge over there that supports him and Pakistan won't let the U.S. inside to do military operations.  They'll let advisors though, thats a good thing.  So when you design your mission there goes your info.  If I was Bush I'd be pressing hard on pakistan to at least allow recon operations.  lol.   The guy who made mungari island once said, "if you want a bigger desert island just ask." so today I asked him if he would make Pakistan.  Maybe if we flood his email box he'll make it for us.  You think?            
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2005, 19:54:11 by BronzeEagle »