Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands BREN  (Read 3054 times)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Falklands BREN
« on: 01 Oct 2002, 00:40:22 »
Okhere is a pic of my own work, well i made the model and NZ-PsychoKiwi made the textures, more at www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
Re:Falklands BREN
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2002, 10:24:23 »
looks like.. its so real.. you can almost reach out and touch it. Good job there you Falklands Modders.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2002, 17:33:13 »
 ;D :gunman: ;D

DeLiltMon

« Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2002, 18:40:21 »
You have been busy little bees over there, how much have you got left to do now?
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2002, 18:41:03 by DeLiltMon »

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2002, 19:34:54 »
We have lots more to do.......
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2002, 00:03:32 »
There is a link to the progress report on the main page www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

MadGav

« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2002, 03:22:14 »
Looks good, although the odd thing jars. The L4 mag should have a slight curve, the only half-decent picture I've found is at:
http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg10-e.htm

I had a look at a Bren at the IWM North the other week, the offset mounting of the front sight (to the left) is quite distinctive.

ZIKAN

« Reply #7 on: 03 Oct 2002, 09:20:07 »
Yes i agree the LMG mag does have a slight curve to it.
 Also the LMG 30 round magazines were highly prized and sort after, because they held 30 rounds and would fit the SLR as opposed to the standard 20 round SLR magazine. (but the spring had to be beefed up by the armourer as the LMG loads with the assistance of gravity)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 03 Oct 2002, 21:49:55 »
i worked from this pic which has a straight mag.

ZIKAN

« Reply #9 on: 03 Oct 2002, 23:05:22 »
That Bren in the pic, im guessing is  WW2 era or slightly later. There have been many incarnations/modifications of most weapons.
But if u have made a 7.62 mm LMG for the Falklands era, then the general issue magazine  at that time would of been slightly curved.
It is is good model by the way  :) Look forward to seeing how you do the sighting on it, due to it being off to one side.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 03 Oct 2002, 23:10:13 »
well thanx for the info :D
As for the sight, the model has em off set and were in discussion about the view through em

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 04 Oct 2002, 01:15:34 »

MadGav

« Reply #12 on: 04 Oct 2002, 16:48:03 »
KevBaz: the picture you're working from has the MkI style drum sight so I'm guessing it could be a ZB3x series weapon the Czech original which definately had straight mags.

The model is quite seriously oversized, the real thing is about 45" long while the ingame shots look like it's something like 5'!

Skaven

« Reply #13 on: 04 Oct 2002, 17:15:14 »
I tried this weapon, and Kev this is a great model also the textures are top class,you guys made a great work again maybe this picture will help on the mag discussion, I think Kev made the model from the pic below ;)

chaeck this website for the weapon propereties:

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg10-e.htm

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 04 Oct 2002, 19:21:19 »
Thanx madgav for the input, ill see if we can resize it, as i didnt have the dimensions when making it, I worked from both pictures started off on the bottom one that skaven has posted then went on to the pic i posted, somone has pointed out that its missing the flash eliminator as i made the barrle from the pic i posted, and now the mag needs adjusting, thanx for all your input people, i will see what i can do :D