Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Tonal Freedom  (Read 1538 times)

BronzeEagle

Operation Tonal Freedom
« on: 30 Dec 2004, 22:00:03 »
I think it'd be neat to parallel Tonal to Iraq and do the same scenario.  Or maybe some members of the Tonal military defect and try to take over the government and that leaves the tonal president and a few loyals of his in hiding and he asks the U.S. for help.  Then you play several roles in the story, never one same character but several so you can see how it all gets solved.  What do ya'll think good idea or bad idea?
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2004, 22:05:35 by BronzeEagle »

OrangeLeader

Re:Operation Tonal Freedom
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2004, 04:24:44 »
I like the different roles part. Just makes sure you piece them together well. It will require alot of plot developement to be pulled off well. If you need help developing any part of the story or plot PM me or post on here.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2004, 17:12:36 »
What different roles are we playing?
Is it like the BIS campaign where you play a pilot, tanker, spec ops, and infantry?

Cause I'd like a little campaign where you play both sides. Maybe the same battle can be two missions, one on either side. And like one of your earlier posts, make small parts of a big battle go between sides for the big battle and then it can be spread over like 5 missions... :)

That's a long campaign though. :P

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2004, 21:35:41 »
well here's the story:

WHERE: TONAL

PROBLEM: COUP (four of the six military generals are attempting to overthrow the democratic president), DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT CAN'T BE LOCATED FOR CONTACT DURING THIS TIME OF CONFLICT.  TONAL IS A UNITED NATIONS MEMBER.

TASK: RANGERS MUST LOCATE PRESIDENT BANNEKER AND HIS LOYAL MEMBERS OF HIS TONAL DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT FIRST OFF.  

DEMANDS:  COUP LEADERS ASK UNITED STATES NOT TO INTERFERE OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES.

RESULT:  RANGERS AIRBORNE BATTALLION PARACHUTED IN THE CAPITAL CITY OUTSKIRTS AT NIGHT, THEIR OBJECTIVE IS TO ATTEMPT TO LOCATE PRESIDENT BANNEKER AND THOSE LOYAL TO HIM IN THE CAPITAL CITY.  IT CAN'T BE CONFIRMED WHETHER OR NOT THE REBELS HAVE HIM IN CUSTODY ALREADY.  

thats what the briefing will read.  how the mission plays out is it will be single player and you won't play the leader but you'll play as a member of the squad.  The ai will go on routes, carry out objectives you will just follow along with the team covering the team and disabling mines and stuff that ai could be scripted to do on its own but gives you something to do.  Lots of cutscenes and lots of in game chat amongst the team members.  Different consequences for the deaths of different members of the team like the leader and the radio man.  If both team leader and radio man are killed you will be presumed missing in action.  So the first role you would play would be special forces airborne soldier.  I eventually want you to play as an M1A2 SEP tank driver, a delta force member, and some other stuff.        
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2004, 23:09:40 by BronzeEagle »

Rokket

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2005, 02:41:10 »
GRK has a nice idea with the different POVs of same missions - esp if you play up that (real life) "grass is always greener" feeling: the OTHER side has all the advantages, woe is me...then ou switch sides and it's the same feeling there.

LOVE Tonal, like the misison story, could be great for both big ops and small Spec Ops missions.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 01 Jan 2005, 05:52:05 »
I'll have you play the role of a ranger in a full battallion mission with tons of men.  A Navy Seal on a sabotage mission involving swimming into the objective to destroy a communications building
in a military camp of a country of questionable friendship, and a tank driver on a mission to demolish a checkpoint as well.  
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2005, 14:29:10 by BronzeEagle »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #6 on: 01 Jan 2005, 20:55:49 »
Here's another way you could look at it.  An islamic terrorist group has stolen a super powerful weapon from deep within Mungari, who are enemies of the United States.  It is your goal to play as several members of different special operations teams to see that America is safe, and that this super weapon doesn't leave the country.  

BronzeEagle

I totally changed it up
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2005, 17:42:24 »
This is totally different but its on Tonal and sets the tone for a story I'm not going to tell  you guys im just going to try my best to make it and release it but a good atmosphere is this:

After the civil wars got out of hand, France took control of Tonal away from the Tonal government but kept the name Tonal.
The Tonal government forces are under french control now.  On the flipside, the number of rebels has actually increased.
Some want control of the African nation to be in the hands of the African people and this requires French special forces
camped nearby on the alert at all times to protect Tonal's caucasian citizens and french colonists from terrorists and rebels intent on driving the colonists off the island so that power will remain in the hands of the natives.  

It's good to not tell all the stories you want to make because for one i don't want you making the story, and two me telling you would be like me expecting you to make the story which would drive my motivation to make it myself completely away.  Keeping things secret keeps the motivation high.  
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2005, 17:48:14 by BronzeEagle »