Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Street Racer --- new campaign --- need ideas!  (Read 4813 times)

Lean Bear

Re:Street Racer --- new campaign --- need ideas!
« Reply #15 on: 23 Dec 2004, 21:27:02 »
Yeah, just before you start a really long string opf posts about the cutscene's etc. what is the pic.paa - then I can help you with it.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #16 on: 23 Dec 2004, 21:46:49 »
opf
operation pointflash... damn thanks for the idea  ;D
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Lean Bear

« Reply #17 on: 23 Dec 2004, 21:49:24 »
Actually opf is the BIS version (which actually makes more sense than the community one) and OFP is one that came around from somewhere :P

Stands for: OPeration Flashpoint - like Spec Ops etc.

edit

If you go on the official forums you'll see OPF plastered everywhere on the board categories etc.
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2004, 21:50:35 by Lean Bear »

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #18 on: 24 Dec 2004, 02:22:48 »
oh ok... thx... by the way 1.1 is now totally fixed and ready for redownloading! Cool never knew about OPF.. it sounds wrong actually :-\
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #19 on: 24 Dec 2004, 04:26:59 »
Lean Bear, in reply to Reply #11 I have created a beta mission for 2 players or just for playing with Ai over here. Details are in the readme and the post itself.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=21114

yes it is still cr**py like most beta's but the content will fill largely in the next update as sayed in the post  ;)
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #20 on: 31 Dec 2004, 06:47:12 »
 :D ;DYes yes yes OFP NFS: Getaway Time is out now at: ;D :D
 ::) :) ;)  8) :D ;D
http://ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?ID=1171
 ::) :) ;)  8) :D ;D
Sorry for the delay but a mysterious.. something occured the computer to damage the ofp directory so badly it was unplayable and I had to reinstall.. I had to wait to put it on the site becuase the whole network was affected as well. Now im back in bussiness! (I dont work at my age but oh...) Yes the campaign is better and worse at the same time. Dont worry, its fun! Feel free to post comments whenever you want guys! The campaign forces you to download a lot of cars also unplayable but this has been done so you dont need to download any addons in the next series and you can already practise driving them! I have found out how to use custom sounds and music! I am adding custom music to the next campaign in these series. The only problem with this is that I have a young voice and a microphone that is hard to hear. So if anyone volunteers to be a voice actor or beta tester of my campaign series, or help with anything else, just pm me ;).. Id love to start a team for the campaign series! How bigger, how better the campaigns! :D The campaign is also downloadable in this thread. Its in the attachment and the addons required and links are in the readme. An easier way is to go to the link above and get off your butt and download it and download the addons and play it and and and nevermind  :-\.. Hehe 48 downloads already of the OFP NFS: The Beginning campaign and about 20-30 of my campaign preview.. dont download the damn preview it sux  :P The campaigns is  what its aaaaaaaalllll about  ::) :o  8)
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2004, 06:51:01 by OFPfreak »
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #21 on: 08 Jan 2005, 03:01:07 »
While OFPEC was being hacked and under re-construction, ive been creating a single mission called ofp nfs: traitor trail. Its just a nice goodie for the delay. I have not yet thought about the OFP NFS: engine failure and am totally out of ideas for this campaign. Remember it has to do with the story. The mission is still under construction but it also plays a role in the story, whereby, David is a Russian. Before being able to visite the island and having rest, You and Drag as he now can be called, haven't noticed his Russian voice.

Story: 4 months after doing nothing in their new homes, at midnight, you 've heard explosions near Tom's house. You rush downstairs to get him. You get in 1 of your 2 sport cars (this small mission doesnt need any addons) and drive towards his home located at the map. You may notice some cars driving around. These are just made for the environment. As soon as you get to the crossing you notice dead Russians. Get out and take some of their weapons. Its best to go on foot from here. You propably see an American jeep escaping. This is David. Dont try to chase after him or kill him because you wont earn anything or win. Kill the Russian soldiers at the house guarding it. There should be 2 at a broken wall and 2 at another broken wall. You'll notice some text that will help you and explain some stuff. You soon notice the Americans, that found you at the airfield in Malden, were trying to defend you from incoming Russians, The nitro nerds are Russians and are trying to kill you now. Get drag racer in the safe zone by standing in front of him and if you've picked up a satchel, place it behind the fuel truck. If you haven't picked 1 up go back and pick 1 up. nv goggles are also there. Then when all the tanks and soldiers are killed you have won the mission. As soon as the fuel trucks explode the tanks will explode too. Triggers will force them to die if they dont if the fuel trucks explode.

Aww.. You.. tsk tsk... I need another name for him. Its his actual name becuase I havent used it by anyone calling his name. I dont even know a name :(.. IDEAS!!! QUICK! If youve got any ideas for an outro just give me them becuase im really running out of ideas... any fans or helpfull users PLEASE give me some ideas  :(.. Anyone nervous for ofp nfs: engine failure yet  :P ;D?
ofp nfs's homepage

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #22 on: 08 Jan 2005, 04:31:50 »
Good news guys ;D ;D ;D!!!
Ive learned basic camera.sqs skills!
I know some nice camera moves now and you guys should expect better camera performance! If youve died of my horrible camera skills just stay dead a litle longer becuase its still some basic skill :P;D:D!!!
ofp nfs's homepage

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #23 on: 08 Jan 2005, 11:47:25 »
Hey johan.

Well, i tested all of your missions. Now - not to be mean, but heres a few things that i rekon you need to work on (construcitive Critisizm!  8) )

1: Intros for mission 1 and 2 are the same..
2: 1  mission is a 500m race down 1 road, and the ai collides after 5 seconds of racing..
3:Some of the writing it out of sync and triggers dont flip

Ways to fix (Heres the constructive bit!  8) )
1: Well, uh, Make a new intro? Its not very hard - Now that you know it it should be easy.
2: Move the cars starting pos around a bit
3: Timing, and its better to use scripts

Cheers :cheers:

loose

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #24 on: 08 Jan 2005, 20:36:27 »
Thanks man!
Uh.. ure talking about campaign number 1 right? Just remember im going to make quite a lot campaigns so please tell me the name next time. Yes I have to redownload my own The Beginning campaign again after I had the mysterious removement of ofp. This doesnt matter. I know it takes quite long before I get the next campaign out, its the ideas :S. And also its other missions im working on. I want some free time lol :P! But yea thanks for the ideas. The colliding and skills.. Well I dont think I can do much about it becuase if I moved them apart they would crash further on the road. And also they go slow in corners and stuff. OFP isnt really a street racing game lol. Im not skilled enough yet to improve AI's driving skill with a script. The double intro was indeed a bug where I forgot to clear out everything and missed out the intro. Im currently turning inside out and wow-ing at these cool camera.sqs thingys and im trying to find back my role-player map where I need a ags_build2.pbo addon :S.. Ill tell ya guys when I got that file. ;)
ofp nfs's homepage

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #25 on: 09 Jan 2005, 02:50:11 »
*cough* Righto.

Simply will not work with AI drivers. They will either crash or stop or go like 50kp/h , but it would work with MP. Remeber, You played 'Cop Chase 2-10' with me n that other guy a while back? Compare the AI driving to mine/yours/his driving and see which is better :wow:

:P

I'll download the newer version ASAP.

Loose

EDIT

Heres a bit for a story line

Jim: Hey man I wanna race you
You: K wahtever lets race down that road
Jim: OK i'll go get ready
END INTO

[Colour=blue]
Jim: Hey you lets race
You: OK[/colour]

Cars start, and go driving down the road. Jim and 2 other AI instantly crash and cars get destroyed, and you drive past and easily finnish the race ;D

Jim; Damn my car
You: Hahaha

(mission 2 , version 1.0)
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2005, 03:03:07 by LooseKannon »

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #26 on: 09 Jan 2005, 21:36:00 »
lol indeed a bit dumb... I dont know how to make mp missions alright. Just leave it to me maybe ill make some stunt-man type stuff with just you. setvelocity commands can be usefull now too. I will be updating both campaigns shortly and will have that mission finished in 1-2 days. Ive currently got a mission for my half life 2 collectors edition so eh... its awesome and I dont really got time for OFP :\\... Remember I got over 200 computer games... so uh.. wich should I play :P! bf192...hl2...c&c: generals... nvm
ofp nfs's homepage

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #27 on: 10 Jan 2005, 12:06:36 »
 :hmm:

Just.. Make a few guys.. Playable..

Export to MP missions..

:wow:

BTW Incase you havnt noticed, OFPEC = OPERATION FLASHPOINT editing centre ;D
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2005, 12:07:33 by LooseKannon »