Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: .50cal Turret on a 5-ton  (Read 1595 times)

Offline AirCav

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
.50cal Turret on a 5-ton
« on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:31:32 »
Hi all,

I'm a Kiowa Warrir pilot in Iraq.  I've been in Samarra, for about seven months now.   I've been trying to recreat some of the fights we had recently in OFP, but I can't find all the tools to do it with.

One thing I need is a .50cal turret mounted on the TC seat of a 5-ton (uncovered).  All of our 5-tons have these.  It's a fairly simple design, but I don't know how to do it.  I can include any pics you need to model it.

Additionally, I don't have OFP Resistance.  Is there any place I can pay online and download it rather then have to wait two months for it to get mailed here?  

thanks,

Paul Kreinheder
CPT, AV
Commanding

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
Re:.50cal Turret on a 5-ton
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:55:50 »
Well, not having Resistance limits your options quite a bit when it comes to addons.  As far as I know, there's no way to download a copy from the Internet.  The problem you run into is that for the last two years or so, addons have been making use of features that were introduced in Resistance - nobody makes them for 1.46 and lower anymore, and generally the old ones can't hope to match the quality of the new ones.

If you were able to find a hard copy of Resistance, you'd be able to use new Black Hawks, brand new US infantry models, accurate Bradley and M113 models....just to mention a few.

But I just searched quickly and there seem to be no such modern 5-tons anyway :-\   The best you'd be able to do (if you had Resisance, that is) would be HEMMTs with fifties, but they can't carry troops.

Good luck and stay safe over there.

Homefry31464

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2004, 23:07:05 »
Looking for new addons with 1.46 anymore is pretty much a wasted cause, Resistance would be your best bet.  Then again, there are some scripts in the Editor's Depot that do what you want, rougly but still basically accomplish the same thing.
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2004, 23:10:32 by Homefry »

Offline AirCav

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2004, 23:33:25 »
I'm working the channels at this end to get a copy of Resistane, but it's going to take some time.  Where is the best place to go to order OFP: Resisitance?

The 5-ton i'm referring to is already modeled in the origional OFP.  It just needs to have a .50 cal turret added to it.  I'm not experienced in creating addons, though i'd like to try it.  

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2004, 01:43:37 »
If you get me some pics I will try it ;)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2004, 03:12:00 »
Captain,

Here is a link to a script that works quite well for what you want to do:

http://ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=264

I'm not too sure if it would work in MP though, if that is what you are making this for. Stay safe over there. :)

...wait two months for it to get mailed here...
Two months you say... I guess my brother isn't gonna get his present in time for x-mas then...  :P
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2004, 04:40:33 »
Captain,

Here is a link to a script that works quite well for what you want to do:

http://ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=264

That script is old and doesnt really work good on hills :-\. Would be better the model it in my opinion :)

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2004, 20:28:06 »
erm... I found a pic, do they look like that?