Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I have a constructive comment  (Read 2007 times)

BronzeEagle

I have a constructive comment
« on: 16 Dec 2004, 18:21:45 »
You should check the ftp inbox because I put in an addon and a single player mission that goes with it.  I hope you check your ftp inbox.  The addon is called DSA Bikes 1.0 and i made the mission extra called keep up, i hope you add those to the missions depot and addon depot, it'd really liven up the place.  

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:I have a constructive comment
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2004, 19:39:49 »
You did what?

Let me try to put this together.
- You submitted a mission called "keep up" first two times and then once again.
- All of the submissions failed (which I have now removed from the depot)
- Then you have uploaded the mission and the addon it needs to the missions depot's ftp folder(?)

Never upload addons at ftp://ftpmissions:ofpec@www.ofpec.com
Still, I can't see the mission or the addon in there. It's only for missions and only after the http upload has failed.

A few questions.
What's the filesize of your mission.zip?
How many times did you try the http upload?
Did you go through the whole submission process when you tried the ftp upload, or did you just upload the mission+addon and leave it to that?
Not all is lost.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2004, 20:48:34 »
I heard you got mad.  Sorry Artak.  Soon as I'm done eating I'll come back and read what you said.  But just in case I peed you off, I'm sorry.  I really need my stuff hosted and I guess I just got impatient.  

Edit:  Okay I'm back.  I refuse to read what you wrote.  Nothing personal I'm just looking out after my mood.  I guess eventually my addon and missions will get hosted by someone, and I hope you get a chance to play it.  I hope you come to find out whatever is allowing you to be so easily agitated.  Till then, God bless.    
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2004, 21:11:50 by BronzeEagle »

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2004, 21:18:19 »
I heard you got mad.  Sorry Artak.  Soon as I'm done eating I'll come back and read what you said.  But just in case I peed you off, I'm sorry.  I really need my stuff hosted and I guess I just got impatient.  

Edit:  Okay I'm back.  I refuse to read what you wrote.  Nothing personal I'm just looking out after my mood.  I guess eventually my addon and missions will get hosted by someone, and I hope you get a chance to play it.  I hope you come to find out whatever is allowing you to be so easily agitated.  Till then, God bless.    

Mate, Artak was just trying to help, he didn't come off to me as angry, just helpful... so refusing to read and answer his questions is well, pointless.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2004, 21:46:52 »
Uploading can be a little frustrating sometimes - have another try.     OFPEC will be happy to host your addon and mission providing they meet the submission guidelines.

Oh, and I know Artak quite well.    If you want to make him angry you have to work a LOT harder than that.   ;D   He's just puzzled.   Making Artak puzzled is really easy.    ::)

For the avoidance of doubt, missions and addons should not be submitted together.    Use the Addon Depot submission interface for the addon and (you've guessed it) the Missions Depot for the mission.      Read the submission guidelines carefully - if you make a mistake the upload might fail.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:24:38 »
Edit:  keepup.zip should be in the root directory of your ftp service now and DSA_Bikes1.0.zip should be in there now also.  Enjoy!  keep up 1.2 is in the works.  
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2004, 22:35:09 by BronzeEagle »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:51:22 »
I heard you got mad.
I never get mad. It's not in me. I'm sorry if you got that impression though. Maybe I should have used more smileys.  :)

I refuse to read what you wrote.
It's very hard for me to help you when you won't answer my questions. I'd need to know all the details of what you did and how when the first three uploads failed, and why I can't find the mission or the addon in the Missions Depot's ftp folder.

These instructions are not for you alone, but for everyone who's reading.

As macguba already said it, missions to Missions Depot and addons to Addons depot.

When you upload with ftp the submission procedure dosn't continue automatically. You must follow the instructions and press the 'next'-button, and then you're asked some details ect.

The ftp upload should be used for files larger than 2 Mb. Note that 6Mb is the largest size allowed and everything above will either fail to upload or be deleted when the time comes to review them.

There might be a bug in the system. I really hope you answer the first specific questions I made, so I can get my finger on the problem if it exists.  :-*
Not all is lost.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:54:46 »
Edit:  keepup.zip should be in the root directory of your ftp service now and DSA_Bikes1.0.zip should be in there now also.  Enjoy!  keep up 1.2 is in the works.

There are no such files and more importantly there's no database entry of them.  :-\
Not all is lost.

BronzeEagle

damn
« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2004, 23:58:16 »
okay someone gimme an email.