Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: getright download manager ?  (Read 1392 times)

Offline gambla

• Members
getright download manager ?
« on: 09 Nov 2004, 11:16:54 »
one question: i donĂ‚'t get downloads work using getright here at ofpec, or did i miss anything ?  ??? getright seems not to find the dl-url because of PHP ? am i right ? do other dl-managers work or are these not welcomed ?

thank you !  :)

Jake Trans

Re:getright download manager ?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2004, 18:35:46 »
Hi,

1) I don't know if you have downloaded recently but the depot is down (sorry if you knew).

2) I have never got Getright to work on this site because the Download shortcut in what I can see does not link to the file but requests the file however just so you know I found a trick right click on the link and select copy shortcut open the tray icon and press Ctrl+N the box that comes up should have a address in it press OK and it might run.

I did not try it here because of the depot being down but it works 90% of the time on most sites if you cannot get the download to run

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 09 Nov 2004, 19:30:03 »
The Addons Depot is actually back up.

I'm not a technical expert, but most ofpec files are arranged to prevent dishonest websites linking to our files and presenting them as their own.  (It was quite a problem at one time.)   This may be the root of the trouble.    

Getright (or any other d/l manager) is of course welcomed and I suspect that Jake Trans is right, if you beat it over the head hard enough you can probably make it work.

Edit:

Start Getright
Double click on the tray icon to bring up a Getright window
Find your ofpec download link and right click on it
click Copy Shortcut
In the Getright window click File
click Enter new url to download
right click in the box
click Paste
click OK
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2004, 19:32:52 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 09 Nov 2004, 20:07:56 »
I've had the same kind of problems. You know if you get the getright menu to pop up, pick save as and if that doesn't work, click the link again and just do open. Open ususally works cause save, well saves the page... :P

Sometimes you have to hit open quick before the OFPEC extra page pops up. Its rather qeird, but I can get it to work without all those tray solutions Macguba and Jake are talkin about. :P

Offline gambla

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2004, 12:50:46 »
thank you all, i will test it :)
i remember that i got it work anyway with Win98SE and maybe a former version of IE, i could copy the dl-link in getright and it worked.
maybe WinXP has also an impact on this...dunno  ???

anyway, as long as i can play OFP at all  !  :)

Jake Trans

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2004, 21:00:01 »
Just to say thanks to macguba for the correction I did not realise the Depot was up (sorry to gambla) and making my tip easier to understand.