Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Any news on Spinors Command Engine 2 (CE2)?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Any news on Spinors Command Engine 2 (CE2)?
« on: 22 Aug 2002, 03:49:45 »
Well, the subject says it all. I just finished a mission by Walker called "Sainte Marie Hill" that was posted in the old OFPEC forums. It uses the first version of the CE that was (and presumably will be) available here on the Editing Center. I had a great time commanding my troops and taking on the seemingly endless stream of enemies coming down the hill. Very hard, very fun mission.

Anyways, there has been talk of a new version of said engine and I recall a discussion on it here a while ago where there was a "CE2Test" test mission posted and hints of a site dedicated to the CE... "Chain of command", IIRC.

So... Spinor, are you out there? News? Anyone?

Regards, a CE1 fan.  :thumbsup:

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
Re:Any news on Spinors Command Engine 2 (CE2)?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2002, 12:27:42 »
 :)

hey dude. The CE2 sounds familiar, but I cant quite picture it. Anyway, check this out, it might be something like this that you want.

http://home.arcor.de/vektorboson/screens.html

[RT]SuperTron
+- PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND, IT WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE ALIVE -+

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2002, 14:37:06 »
Yeah - check the website I'm about to give you...

http://www.thechainofcommand.com/

Dan  ;D

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2002, 21:30:23 »
Zsa zsa: Ah, there it is!  :)  Not much to see right now, but in time, I guess.

SuperTron: Hmm...this looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on the SCF project. Also, it's a good reason to brush up on my german skillz...been a while. Danke sehr!

Both of you: thanks guys! Can't wait for the day when I command my own armoured batallion in OFP... LOL... or maybe not. The OFP engine really bogs down my XP1900+ in Sainte Marie Hill, and that with "only" some 280+ units.

abomb1508

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2002, 12:57:40 »
It's good to see fans before we even release the product!

Cheers for that killswitch, i am glad to let you know that in a very short time the CoC mod site will go public, with the CE2 available, training missions, a dedicated scripting team, and a whole lotta promise. How do i know all this? Because i'm one of the developers. I'll forward your message to spinor and the others at CoC developers, and they'll all be very pleased.

Anyway, just yesterday one of the BIS team was invited for a pre VIP lookaround, and said it was very good and he was amazed at what we had achieved, but spotted several bugs, as it always is with a first time. but today all other vips will be having a look, including Tigershark from ofpec. so he might just post something here in the next few days. anyway, stop with the waffle...

I make no promises, but we are planning to launch CoC in 1 week's time. when it is released, you will get:

The CoC website
the team
the chance to download CE2
Battle school missions (training missions, yet for the advanced ofp player)
a preview of Uiox's Action Engine
and a view of the future... a super AI that can work on the three levels of squad command, platoon command and company/battalion command.

just wait a week, and all will be revealed. so far, we have BS01 (battle school 01), BS02, BS04, BS06, and BS08 ready, with BS03 and BS07 in the pipeline. the first five are supposed to be fairly basic platoon command missions, but still hard, and the second five are more complex missions with multiple objectives, or a company to command instead of a platoon.

but i can't explain everything here. thanks for your support, and just hold on a little longer. if you know anyone else that might be interested in this, please tell them, because we want a nice big opening that reaches the whole community, and makes CoC even bigger.

Cheers,
A-Bomb

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2002, 13:45:41 »
 :o OMFG   :o

"2,1 this is 2,4 papa, we are packed and ready for insertion"

abomb1508 I cant wait...please leak something  ;D

[RT]SuperTron

zsa_zsa_rasputin

« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2002, 14:41:27 »
No problemo dude :)

If if see a thread I might be able to help on (Alas - relatively few(!)  :-[) I usually click and see if I can lend a hand :)

Dan  ;D

Offline Spinor

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
    • The chain of command
« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2002, 16:33:45 »
So... Spinor, are you out there? News? Anyone?
Sorry for the delay, I just reregistered here at the OFPEC. I donÂ't have anything to add to abombs post. He covered it all.

Ohh,... and if you liked Walkers "Sainte Marie Hill", he will have something interesting for you  ;D

Big-Boss

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2002, 19:18:25 »
Great, You guys can seriously take OFP to new heights! Looking forward to commanding a platoon ! ;)

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:53:33 »
 8)

MMmm mm, Its OFP kick-Ass-time, sweeeet mama, do I smell An 256mb Nvidia Omen card, 3.5 Gigs of DDR400 and dual XP2600 comming to my house with father xmas in december, oh yeahh........does any of guys now how to get the hands on a quick million bugs??, now all we need is that somebody will make one of those monster maps witch should be up to 5x the size of our normal maps, yes siree I can allready sence the sound of a battalion on tracks comming towards me, and im gonna whop some ... Schwarzkopf, look this way if you wanna learn something 8)....or laugh.

[RT]SuperTron

abomb1508

« Reply #10 on: 25 Aug 2002, 07:45:57 »
yes, well, there is one pproblem with battalion command. the ofp enginge supports something like 64 or 72 groups per side total, with a possible 12 soldiers per group. that means roughly 750 men for east, 750 for west and 750 for resistance, meaning you could command up to one battalion each. but commanding a whole battalion with the system we have in place now would be hopeless, it would simply take too long. so battalion command is an objective for CE3. myself, my computer isn't fast enough to handle companies effectively, so i'm sticking with platoon command plus support, which still makes for very dynamic combat. thus, the first three battle school missons are platoon command ones, to ease you in to the command engine.

walker

« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2002, 12:32:31 »
Hi all

If you turn down view distance company command missions are perfectly playable on a 633 celeron with 256mb a couple of gigs of free space on your hard drive, defraged if poss and a 64mb GForce 2mx Graphic card.

Any way you will be able test it out in a week or so :)

Regards Walker

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2002, 16:05:13 »
 ;)

I know, just long for the day where this can be played with max detail and max view distance. Should be good as First Artillery Officer, Forward Command Post.. ;D Man I cant wait for your product.

[RT]SuperTron

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2002, 21:15:13 »
I have played all the new CE2 missions (I am part of the team) and have a 550mhz voodoo 3: 3000 (crap I know) and they all work fine... Will head off to the forums now walker mate  ;D

tai mai shu

« Reply #14 on: 26 Aug 2002, 00:15:42 »
erm, where can i get the command engine missions you guys are talking about??? im loking and looking but cant find it anywhere, and at the CE2 website, it asks me for a password?...