Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: waypoints  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Mitrokhin

• Members
    • T2003 MOD
waypoints
« on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:04:06 »
i've made a mission and when I play it in the editor the waypoints tell me where to go but when I play it in Sinle Mission no idication of where to go can someone help with this simple problem

cyberpunk
http://loc-doc.the-net.net/t2003
T2003 MOD WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2002, 18:06:17 »
When you play it single player, change it to cadet mode with the toggle at the bottom.  Nothing techical and editing about that.

Offline Mitrokhin

• Members
    • T2003 MOD
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2002, 19:34:33 »
it still ain't working even with your suggestion I need help before next year ;D
http://loc-doc.the-net.net/t2003
T2003 MOD WEBSITE NOW OPEN

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2002, 20:13:18 »
Make clear the waypoints are set "always show" (under the OnActivation line).
But if you do you've black lines on the map which show the "connections" between your waypoints.

I'm not sure but I think if you're a on feet (mean not in a vehicle) the waypoints aren't shown even in "Cadet" mode!?!

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2002, 20:19:42 »
They will only show if you are the leader, and only in cadet mode if you are on foot.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2002, 04:05:45 »
Make clear the waypoints are set "always show" (under the OnActivation line).
But if you do you've black lines on the map which show the "connections" between your waypoints.

Just to clarify, the always show/never show/show in cadetmode options have nothing to do with the waypoint appearing as a yellow box on your HUD. The only thing those options do is make the waypoint show up on the map as a black circle.

To get your yellow boxes showing up, you just need to be in cadetmode. If that's still not working, I'd check that you've got your waypoints set for the player's group.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2002, 05:37:54 »
I want to Know how to have the Yellow Box Removed.

Cyberpunk, Are you a Punk?

DeusRich

« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2002, 10:59:13 »
there is a messed up bit somewhere, like If i just nip into the mission editor, place a unit (me) and a waypoint, i won't c the yellow box, I have to play an official mission first, or one thats completed. Try, after starting ofp, playing for 5 mins on a mission like 'steal the car' or somet, you only need to go into the mission and come out again, then try your mission and c if u can c the boxes. If not, then I have failed..... :-\

Gameer_77

« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2002, 12:20:06 »
there is a messed up bit somewhere, like If i just nip into the mission editor, place a unit (me) and a waypoint, i won't c the yellow box, I have to play an official mission first, or one thats completed. Try, after starting ofp, playing for 5 mins on a mission like 'steal the car' or somet, you only need to go into the mission and come out again, then try your mission and c if u can c the boxes. If not, then I have failed..... :-\

Yeh thats basically what Icarus said. You dont have to play it for five minutes, just start a singleplayer mission in cadet mode, exit out and go into the editor. Simple... :-\

8) PEACE

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2002, 20:00:17 »
Try, after starting ofp, playing for 5 mins on a mission like 'steal the car' or somet, you only need to go into the mission and come out again

lol - this procedure has become standard for me, when
starting OFP.
Even the same mission, you named above.
Only thing is, i'm always resuming an older saved one, because
that radio command at the start is sometimes really annoying.
papa Bear: "NOW FIND THAT CAR AND GET OUT OF HERE"

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #10 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:19:35 »
u dont have 2 start da mision just exit from da breifieng  ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta