Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airwolf  (Read 1352 times)

JRB

Airwolf
« on: 28 Sep 2002, 14:47:57 »
My name is John Balshaw and i was wondering if anyone can help with with a model i am trying to produce for OFP, The model i am trying to produce is airwolf, but i have one problem i cant seem to be able to create the way airwolf flies.

The airwolf flight dynamics and Info :

Airwolf is a long-range (950 miles, armed crew of 3 / 1450 miles long range, crew of 2), supersonic multirole helicopter. It's an aerodynamic lifting body with a rotor system, driven by twin turbines, capable of propelling it to three hundred knots. This rotor system can be disengaged to ignite two turbo-thrust boosters (45.000 lbs). 9.6 seconds after ignition Airwolf's speed can exceed mach one from sea level to 65,000 feet. Airwolf can rapidly slow itself by employing a reverse thruster system.

Is there anyone who can help me out. :)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Re:Airwolf
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2002, 17:35:37 »
But it aint REAL

which means this will be locked as soon as a moderator sees it :P

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2002, 18:24:58 »
Theres already a "Airwolf" mod, and they got the Airwolf in-game

I dont know if they got a HP

Vampire

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2002, 01:37:56 »
if its not real its going to get locked? People dont need to make real addons they can make what they want and i dont see why someone should lock a topic just becuase someone posted a addon idea about fictional idea.

DrMeatballs

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2002, 13:40:16 »
It will get locked as it is forum policy to only support discussions on "realistic" addons, it's not a put down or anything but just where the ofpec team like to concentrate. Of course it doesn't help that airwolf is totally unrealistic(heck there is more chance of me being able to fire an M60 with deadly accuracy with one hand than of airwolf being biult anytime soon).

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2002, 16:45:24 »
heck there is more chance of me being able to fire an M60 with deadly accuracy with one hand than of airwolf being biult anytime soon

Ehm, read my post again DrMeatBalls

Theres already a "Airwolf" mod, and they got the Airwolf in-game

I dont know if they got a HP

DrMeatballs

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2002, 23:15:23 »
i ment the real airwolf foo!  :P i know that there is one for OFP but a real airwolf isn't actually physically possible using the helicopter in the sries, conventional rotor blades and super sonic flight don't mix, yes a twin mode system can be done but it needs specially shaped blades :)