Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Real War....  (Read 2950 times)

Dubieman

Re:Real War....
« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2004, 22:06:12 »
Didn't Game Informer give Shellshock 67 a 6.5 rating or something out of 10? I guess it wasn't very good, moral criticism aside. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was another nam game... :P

As for the "real war" I don't care what you do. Making an addon is fine, you have school kids. I figure it that its the mission designers fault if he/she does something others feel is immoral. But res came with women, so did I get all bloodthirsty? No, I actually rarely use women civs in missions, dunno why. But BIS did, they didn't seem to have a problem killing Mr. Troska's girlfirend near the end.
All in all its not the addon makers fault what happens in a game. I've seen "mistresses" as an addon, imagine what a skilled cutscene person could do there... Now we have the big "s" word in OFP... I'll leave it at that, make the addon, make it a good one. Then leave the ppl to decide what mission is immoral or what is right in their virtual world.

I think its just a game.

Shalashaska

« Reply #16 on: 28 Oct 2004, 15:48:00 »
All right... Even if I'm not sure 'bout it, do this addon, and the we'll see if it's good or not.
Good luck man  8)

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #17 on: 29 Oct 2004, 01:13:36 »
To put it simple...

I like civillians in the game, because it gives me a reason NOT to shoot at everything that moves in my field of view. By making this moral selection (even if it's a theoretical, in-game morality) I find the game more interesting.

Without the civies I could shoot at anything including my own unit members, comforting myself with the thought that they are trained soldiers and made a chice when they decided to join the war (ever wondered why i use the nick friendlyFire when I play on Interenet  ;D ).
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Lean Bear

« Reply #18 on: 29 Oct 2004, 09:54:31 »
Yeah, make it. You can just make civ children, then if the mission maker (or sick person) wants the kids to fight his/her war for him/her, then give 'em guns, group 'em with some adults and let them go at it with eachother.

That way, I figure, you'd get around the fact that people "outside" of OFP, will not think its a sick, twisted game and blame BIS for everything bad in games etc etc.  ;)