Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Idea for a new weapon.  (Read 1321 times)

Manic

Idea for a new weapon.
« on: 27 Sep 2002, 07:43:47 »
Ok, so I'm new. Hello all. :)
Anyway, my idea was a laser-guided rocket launcher, perhaps mounted on a custom chassis... not even sure if it's possible, but if it was it'd be great for firing over extremely long distances!
Just a thought... not even sure it'd be possible...

Manic

Re:Idea for a new weapon.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2002, 12:33:36 »
Yes, it's me again... insomnia's a bitch isn't it? :D
Anyway, I had another idea. Does anyone know whether it is possible to add damage to the smoke sprites released by smoke grenades, or possibly attach the hangover string effect to said sprites? I was thinking Tear/VX gas grenades. :)

DrMeatballs

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2002, 14:28:43 »
Well the hellfire can apparently be locked onto the designation beam target from the kiowa (well tha manual says so i think) so that might sort of work in the way you want, copperhead arty rounds would be nice but then bullets can't be giuded under ofp which rules out merlin mortar rounds aswell :(

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2002, 00:36:42 »
There was talk of something like that, but I think It was some thing Discovered By Accident, and Was not Reasearched further, But the AI wouldn't like that very much. so you'd have to use it your self.

Bosniarat

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2002, 03:08:53 »
Well I have a Platfrom for ya! its called The LOSAT or Line of Sight Anti-Tank, The Current Platform is the m-998 HMMV or the M-1114 HMMV i'm not sure which one but its looks to be a replacement for the Aging TOW series Weapon systems Kind of like how the Javalin is the Replacement for the Dragon Missile system. This Link will show you more and Hopefully it will become a Unit for OP Flashpoint. http://www.army-technology.com/projects/losat/index.html
HOOOOAAAH!