Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MP Chopper fight  (Read 1359 times)

Tomasz

MP Chopper fight
« on: 12 Oct 2004, 18:02:49 »
Hey guys,

don't you think that a big air battle between 20 choppers on one side and 20choppers on the other side would be cool, as an MP mission?

cheers

Tomasz

djackl

Re:MP Chopper fight
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2004, 20:17:20 »
Do you mean with AA rockets on the choppers? Without AA rockets it would be just like 'Andersons Gunship Deathmatch'

Tomasz

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2004, 21:40:26 »
I meant anything that the choppers have:

ex : AH64 - FFAR
                - Machine guns
                - Hellfire
        vs
      V-80 and its primary weapons.

Each player would be a pilot of a chopper and the object would be to kill as many enemy choppers as possible above a given area on the map. Yeah, a deathmatch :P

cheers

Tomasz

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2004, 06:27:13 »
No. It would be sh*t,

djackl

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2004, 08:56:26 »
I quote from the rules of the board :

Constructive criticism ONLY. You can say an idea is bad, but you must say why you think so. If you aren't prepared to explain your opinion, then there's no need to voice it.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
Making overly negative comments just because you don't like the idea, or if you feel it has been done before is NOT ON.

XCess, there is no need to insult an idea without any explanation, so if you are gonna say stuff like that, count to ten, then turn off your computer and sit on your hands  ;D

Tomasz

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2004, 11:07:46 »
Why would it be bad???

I tried it on my editor and it was really cool ;D. I also put a tunguska below cuz Apaches were winning the fight every time ::)

Your thoughts mate?

Tomasz

djackl

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2004, 13:43:53 »
I think it would be a cool balls to the wall chaotic battle! Can't wait to give it a go.

Tomasz

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2004, 13:46:51 »
Will you do it? I think it would be simple just to put the choppers without waypoints and some triggers. I never tried editing an MP so I dont know if thats everything.

Would be nice to play it ;)

cheers

Tomasz

djackl

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2004, 14:38:47 »
I meant play it lol, i don't know anything about makin missions. Srry bout that.

Lean Bear

« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2004, 19:47:08 »
Hey, nice idea, would be hectic indeed. ;)

I'll make the misison for you if you'd like. As you said Tomasz, it wouldn't really be too hard to script or make, just need to make sure everything is multiplayer friendly.

Send me a list of the choppers you want and on which side (unless it doesn't matter) and I'll do it. Also, tell me about any additional briefing/ overiews and cutscenes you might want.

If of you has played Gimbal's mission using his "Gimbal Planes" Addon, I reckon it would be a bit like that.