Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tutorial Forum.  (Read 1011 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Tutorial Forum.
« on: 22 Sep 2004, 18:09:50 »
What do you guys think about having a tutorial Forum?

It could be a place where people request tutorials (not already listed in the Ed depot), and the good ones which are useful and popular could then be added to the ed depot.

There are plenty of things I'd like to learn, but I can't find help anywhere. Often when I ask for help, the information I get is well above my head.
What do you think?

Cheers.  ;D
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Tutorial Forum.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2004, 18:30:22 »
I think the Editors Depot Feedback board is eminently suited to the purpose of requesting new tutorials.    ;D

If answers are over your head then always ask for clarification.    An answer that can't be understood isn't much good to anybody.     And don't assume that it's your fault:    it's true that the vast majority of answers are excellent, but it's not particular rare to see one that is wrong or genuinely incomprehensible.  

If you find a tutorial (or other resource) in the Ed Depot that you think is good or bad, you can use the Comments function to say so constructively.    Comments can be very helpful when you're trying to decide which tutes to download.     If you want to have a discussion about the merits of one or more tutes, well, that's what the Ed Depot Feedback board is for.

I notice we now have 195 tutorials.    There is a little duplication, but not much.

« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2004, 18:37:03 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play