Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What would happen if...? -> A possible introdution to WW3  (Read 3010 times)

Tomasz

The Intel

Map: Malden
Side: US
Form: US Intelligence officer dressed as a civilian
Year: AD 1975
Situation: A soviet spy satellite, after three years of active duty, was forced to reenter the atmosphere due to its orbital trajectory. The soviet space agency decided to make the Malden Sea to be the landing area.
   As the satellite entered the atmosphere, US radars registered them, and made the entire chain of reaction take place. In result, a US Marine Company was sent into the area said to be the landing zone to retrieve the object. The US were not alone, for the interested also sent a similar force from a nearby island under their control via boat to get their space machine.
   Meanwhile, when the two superpowers struggle to get their men on the site, the government of the Malden Republic, seeing the satellite drop near the Shore of Malden Island, decided to take the initiative and hide the treasure for further profit. They claimed the object from the sea, put it onto a truck, and took it inland.
   Few hours later, the opposing armies came, on two sides of the island. They knew about themselves, and decided to be as passive as possible. A political crisis was developing. The US, after the Para drop, fortified in western Malden, while the Soviets were advancing inland.
Mission: As an Intelligence officer, you will Para drop into central Malden, together with your three men and a jeep. You will all be dressed as civilians armed only with side arms in order to be as friendly to the locals as possible.
   Your mission is to ask, investigate, take any clues necessary to locate the satellite before the Soviets will due to its importance ( the information it carries about the US ). Once you locate the satellite, you will have to report it to the Marines CO, who will then enter the action and secure the objective. If you will be too slow, the Soviets may be the first to find it, or even when you will find it at the same time, a major fire exchange may result.

So be quick, for the future of your Nation depends on you!

I don't have to state any possible consequences of suck a skirmish.
-                Political Scandal
-                Very tense relations with Moscow
-                Possible World War Three

And if you they will get it first
-   They will know about any secret facility in the US.
-   The USSR will able to threaten us anywhere they would want

Tomasz

« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2004, 18:55:01 by Tomasz »

DBR_ONIX

Re:What would happen if...? -> A possible introdution to WW3
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2004, 21:31:58 »
Nice idea :)
How would the clues be given etc?
Random or what?
If it is done right, it could be really good :D
- Ben

Tomasz

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2004, 21:39:24 »
As the intel officer, you would have to have eyes around your head, spot any trucks on the horizon, anything suspicious, ask the locals stuff ( they wouldnt know that what they talk about is against the interst of their country ). You wouldn't ask about the satellite, but if they saw any military grouping, or any grouping, any trucks or convoys passing etc.

They would answer differently regarding the progress and situation you will have at that time.

The location of the satellite will not always be in the same place. The mission maker should make 6 possible places.

cheers

Tomasz

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2004, 02:39:13 »
and like vietnam at Pack Six, u should have a decoy that could be discovered, but if u find the decoy and reveal ur self, then the resistance/island army can attack u. But the player should not be aware of the decoy right off.

Also maybe, be able to earn cash doing a few odd jobs like taking a report to a random city or giving someone a ride. This would allow u to buy out a Malden Army officer after x minutes to narrow the location down.
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Tomasz

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2004, 20:03:28 »
yeah, I like the idea with the decoy. We have to remember though that the forces "invaded" the independent soil of Malden. Those units cannot just ride over the isle without any consequences. That is why your team was sent, and that is why the Soviet intel squad was sent too ( so they can go for the decoy aswell ).

It would be nice if the two intel squads would meet at the same spot. Possible fire exchange? Malden forces would come secure the area?

Malden Forces ( MF ) would also put some garrison around the sat. This means a possible fire fight with MF, once the US or Soviet forces will try to take it.

cheers

Tomasz

« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2004, 20:03:44 by Tomasz »

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2004, 21:33:36 »
it might be interesting if u also added a second intel team to both sides (random at start, of course) that is unkown to player, to make it interesting. Nothing like finding out that you passed some of your own mates four times during the game and didn't know it... :)

or four russians ready to blast you into the ground with hand grenades and Skorpion pistols...
:gunman: :beat:
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2004, 21:35:31 by Tyger »
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2004, 21:56:50 »
also, as I think about it, wouldn't the jeep be a dead giveaway to the civs/russians that ur american?
U might want to find the civ Hummer and use that.

But on the other hand, if u run into the russian intel squad, then u actually know its them instead of passing some inocent civs and get popped in the back...

Tomasz

« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2004, 19:29:34 »
Well both squads would be dressed as civs and would ride in civ cars.

Tomasz

BronzeEagle

« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2004, 00:49:32 »
I don't like how the US is fighting over a satellite that isn't theirs.  

Tomasz

« Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2004, 15:17:46 »
Well if your enemy would find out your bank account information so that he can take the money and would put the information on a single piece of paper, wouldn't you wanna fight for it? :-X

Tomasz

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #10 on: 05 Dec 2004, 15:43:27 »
I don't like how the US is fighting over a satellite that isn't theirs.  

Why not? There's no such thing as 'good' or 'bad' in a war situation, just different opinions. Just like politics. I'm sick of seeing the US dudes go all patrotic and ''we'll save the universe, hooray'' in OFP missions while when you play russians in OFP the notes are almost allways filled with crap like ''mother russia, vodka, kill, rape, murder." :P

I'm not saying I'm against the US or pro Soviet (I'm against both if you want to know) during the Cold War Conflict, I'm just saying it would be nice for a change to see something different than the regular plotline.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:
« Last Edit: 05 Dec 2004, 15:44:01 by dmakatra »

Tomasz

« Reply #11 on: 05 Dec 2004, 19:09:41 »
You call this a regural plotline??? >:( :-X :'(

Tomasz

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #12 on: 05 Dec 2004, 22:06:22 »
No, I said I was bored of regular plotlines. :P

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Tomasz

« Reply #13 on: 06 Dec 2004, 19:38:48 »
Armsty, I see you all over the forum but I have never actually seen any work you did.

What are you good at? Mission making, addons, scripting?

Tomasz
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2004, 19:39:03 by Tomasz »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #14 on: 06 Dec 2004, 22:42:40 »
Today Finland has been independed for 87 years.

I finished a new MP coop today.

My vietnam folder is giving some errors when loading, but it still works.

Did you hear the one about a hamster and the nun?

I'd like to see this conversation end here and get back on topic m'kay.
Not all is lost.