Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Rail Gun.  (Read 1159 times)

veston pants

Rail Gun.
« on: 12 Sep 2004, 16:15:01 »
I dunno if these things actually exist, or they're summat made up, but they would be a rad weapon of choice to use in takin out tank crews etc. without destroying the tank.
If you could alter the NV goggles so they were like x-ray specs so you could pinpoint the crews insise the tank and rail em, that'd be cool.

Dunno if theres allready an addon out there for this.

Coldfire

Re:Rail Gun.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2004, 20:31:42 »
All a railgun is is a magnetically-driven projectile launcher. They use electro-magnets to accelerate a metal slug up to ridiculosly high speeds. They could be used as anything from a rifle, to an artilery piece. The US Navy is currently experimenting with them. As for Armor-piercing weapons, that's been discussed before and I think the general consensses is that it can't be done, same with "X-ray vision".

There was a BTR-B with a railgun made awhile back... It could take a T80 apart in one hit  ;D

EX-PARA

« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2004, 17:32:37 »
The guy's name who made the BTR-T was Joe lemonade who is also Sebastian muller and here is a link to the BTR-T railgun plus his other remarkable creations:

http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/joelemonade/index_2.html

Have fun

EX-PARA

Shalashaska

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2004, 14:02:30 »
Why this link doesn't work with me?  >:(
Did anybody download it from here?  ???

Aahz8

« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2004, 18:29:04 »
the reson you cant kill the crew in side the tanks is because when the hatch is closed the Crew is removed from fire geom lod, in effect they disipear and cant be shot.

you would have to make new models of every tank/armor AND find a way to make the computer think that the hatch is open all the time

this is probably not posible

Shalashaska

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2004, 13:41:00 »
Ahhh... no. The matter is different: I couldn't download it from the server written above ! Why? Server gone down or what else? :(
Thanks ;D