Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Civilian Campaign  (Read 1602 times)

Matt Walter

Civilian Campaign
« on: 05 Sep 2004, 05:49:17 »
As you might have found out, I have been shooting out campaign ideas as if they were bullets... Anyway I thought it would be really cool if there was a civilian campaign. It wouldn't be a resistance campaign that you are defending your homeland; I was more thinking on the lines of a detective or a revenge story. The military can still be involved, but I don't want it to come across as a resistance campaign as I said before. I could use story ideas, some good civilian links (especially people), and you thoughts.

Tomasz

Re:Civilian Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2004, 15:24:05 »
It's a very good idea, however, I think that such a campaign would have to be unlimited. As the detective you would be unlimited in going to different ppl and that they would respond to u in different situations.

The mission maker would have to consider every possible situation and every possible dialog on the island which is an extreemly hard job. It would be really easy to find faults and bugs -> like the suspect says something completely not to do with the case.

If something like this would be well pulled off, this could be a breakthrough in campaign making from my point of view.

cheers Tomasz

Matt Walter

« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2004, 17:15:26 »
Yeah, this campaign will not be easy street. I think a month ago, I started- but didn't finish- a detective story. What I did was pretty good, just it wouldn't be a good campaign opener. I will really need help with a story for this campaign.

If more suggestions lead towards the revenge idea, I have some ideas for that too... the only problem is having the idea of just killing one man into a campaign- unless you have a Kill Billish list of people you want to kill, and some would have body guards. Or it could be a general of some country invades the island you are on (rogue or not, I don't know). They don't send too many heavy weapons because the island has hardly a fighting force. The general kills the President of the island to make a point he is in charge. Your character could be his body guard, his wife, or something like that. You are going to kill the man that did it. You would be doing it strictly for revenge, not to liberate the island. You would go places, kill troops to tell the general you mean business and to get info (there should be a reason he can't leave). And so on.  

If you even have a better idea then my ideas above, just tell me.  ;)

ALSO: just because I wrote more on the revenge idea doesn't mean it is the way I like better, it is just I have more ideas for it. ;)

bootneckofficer

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2004, 19:30:09 »
what about being an assasin who has to kill certain high ranking figures (like city mayors and presidents/ leaders and some military figures) you could be in civvies (civilian clothes but have a silenced pistol) and use local transport like buses and taxis to get around the island. U could steal a car and travel about but the police come after you then later when they realise your an assasin military peeps could be involved

bootneckofficer

Gooner861

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2004, 15:39:20 »
So Matt which u doin than, this campaign or CWC? (civil war campaign if u dnt know  ;D )

Gooner

Matt Walter

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2004, 03:56:35 »
I think I am not doing a thing on this right now, if someone has a good idea though, I can use it latter. I will be working on "CWC" now.

Matt Walter

« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:44:27 »
.... i am ready to work on this campaign... any ideas...please...i need a story.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #7 on: 21 Dec 2004, 21:55:25 »
Your first, or 1 of your missions could be that you just drive out of town to another town and when you were supposed to get grocaries you meet a man with 2 woman on each side saying, race me or die!! (something like this) So you have no choice to race him and then he tells you not to worry about the cops patrolling that may shoot you.. And when you win the race you get $200 dollars, and in your next mission you'll use that to buy a pistol and use it for playing another mission!  ;) Just an idea! ::)
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage