Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: whats the longest and largest mission made?  (Read 2165 times)

Commando

whats the longest and largest mission made?
« on: 29 Aug 2004, 23:15:13 »
I have a very odd question some people may think but whats the longest ( time to take to finnish mission , number of objectives ) or largest mission ever made for ofp?  And can i download it anywhere?  ;D

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:whats the longest and largest mission made?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2004, 23:36:44 »
Hmmm.......well the longest it took me to finish a mission was 26hr and 35 mins.

It was Macgubas Un-Impossible mission.

Try it out, get it from the Beta testing board.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2004, 23:49:28 »
I still haven't got over that.    ;D    You're still the only person to have done it.   (In its current incarnation.)

Beta forum thread.

Grab the file from my poxy but functional webpage.   The version posted is almost complete and is hardly a beta, its just missing the outro and one or two finishing touches.    Final version coming soon.

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2004, 23:52:51 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2004, 18:43:15 »
Another long (If you have lots'o patience :P), is CessnaFun!
It can go on for as long as you can :P
It's a life simulator, in Novagoa ;)
- Ben

Commando

« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2004, 21:49:40 »
yeah thx guys for the tips, yeah i tried cessna fun twice but it was a bit messy and some of the addons are like 1.46 stuff wich i don't think worked so well in the mission but the second time i cold actually start mission without lagging so much because of my upgraded ram emmory last spring.
Yeah macgubas mission was incredibly hard, i thought my coop mission on mapfact island that requires a dedicated server or a server running with 1 gig of ram memory or more to be very difficult because of the upgraded a.i groups and the way they call rei forcements and stuff.
Any one of you guys played c&c renegade?
there the nod officers call reinforcements but you cans top reinforcement drops by taking out them  ;D the a.i's in group link 2 script has similar kind of ways to react when they feel out numbered, only thing i wish i had was some sort of way for a.i's to send boat teams that would drive to the nearest coast you was spotted by and drive to the shore and unload the soldiers that would run towards mu group. Well im going to try to do more stuff with only use of triggers and not so heavy scripting or heavy amount of enemies.  :P

Jim666

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2004, 18:37:44 »
Me and my clan did a game, that lasted about 3 days :)

Commando

« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2004, 08:29:24 »
omg! You serious? Where could i download the mission?
or could you email it to my big email account, dan.kantola@gmail.com
 ;D , you guys have to made a superb mission if it lasted for 3 days..   8)
i have lans some weekends and i would like to try your mission with my friends some time.

Offline DarkAngel

• Members
  • The night is my friend.
    • DarkAngels Missions
« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2004, 22:31:11 »
There's also a COC mission that runs for about 6 hours - Battle School Mission 6 I think, you can get it at www.thechainofcommand.com.
"Moondark" in Beta Testing

Commando

« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2004, 23:28:16 »
oh i don't know, i like mfcti but im not sure if i want to have the full control of the whole army  ;D i would just mess it up  :P
but 6 hours sounds very heavy and awesome somehow..  ;D

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2004, 01:26:30 »
The mission "Operation Sun Strike" (I think that is what it is called) is pretty darn long. You basically run all over the entire island. The mission would have taken me hours, but I don't like missions that long. So I hopped into a BMP, which made the rest of the mission go by super-quick and easy. But if you play the mission without getting into the tanks (there are a couple around), then it would be very long and challenging. It's in the missions depot.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2004, 14:21:52 »
Yeah, CTI games can go on for agggess..
The first time I played it was for 180minutes or something :P
Really fun if you get in to it ;)
- Ben

Commando

« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2004, 09:54:06 »
Yeah Cti games can go on forever if you are unlucky that the other team or your own team is fighting really though.  :P

I once played with some swedish friends we where like 4 vs 4 and we played 1 game that was aprox. 50 mins and the other game was like 3-4 hours wich was very cool! It was then i got mfcti blessed  ;D
damn i never cared much for 5ttrucks or m113's before much when playing coop but in cfti even a hmww can be a real life safer.
and a 5ttruck can be invaluable  :) and i leanr why i can't play with ecp mod on , cheaty when oher team wanna shoot your chopper or aircraft down with AA and you launch flares  :beat: only downer is when the game starts to lagg to hell often when you are many players or the server isn't a uber 3.0 gighz with more than 512 mb in ram..

Im thinking about making the longest coop mission ever even if you use vehicles  ;) anone knows if there is a limit of how many objectives you can have in a mission? i know about the group limit of 63 east, west, res, civilian groups but are there any other limits mission design wise?

blackmamba

« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2004, 16:48:24 »
hmmm Sunni Triangle is big not reviewed yet tho but lotta heat
get it in here:

ftp://ftpmissions:ofpec@www.ofpec.com/        

yu need cat3 afghan and desert  warfare addons its in zip.

it uses x cam too