Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A walls, doors, windows pack  (Read 1223 times)

fri000

A walls, doors, windows pack
« on: 26 Aug 2004, 18:59:52 »
I would love to see an upgraded version of "Bunkerbaukasten" (http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=unofaddons/misc&archiv=true&page=4). Something with sliding doors, and different textured walls. AI should also be able to walk through the open doors, not to mention shoot through them. All these "blocks" (doors, walls, etc...) should not be displayed on radar. Having a huge mass of white squares looks horrible. Glass windows would be nice, if possible. ‘Top of a castle' type walls would be awesome. Possibly some other upgrades, but these are all that I can think of as of now.

Now I know you might be thinking why anyone would want these, since it's with a huge pain in the ass to put together and align the walls in the editor. And you're right. That's why I'm making my own editor where these "blocks" would simply snap to each other. I have an early working alpha version of it which works with the current Bunkerbaukasten set. But I would rather have it support a better set of blocks then the current ones.

Thanks.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
Re:A walls, doors, windows pack
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2004, 20:37:36 »
I agree. I am a fan of mapfact's bauelementen.
They are very usefull to create your own bunkers.
Your imagination is the limit.

That's why I'm making my own editor where these "blocks" would simply snap to each other.

Wow, sounds interesting...  :P

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2004, 20:38:48 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

fri000

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2004, 23:13:37 »
I agree. I am a fan of mapfact's bauelementen.
They are very usefull to create your own bunkers.
Your imagination is the limit.Wow, sounds interesting...  :P

:P Yea, just think about it. Huge James bond types maps in flashpoint. You can have a ctf with the flags on opposite ends of a huge enclosed complex. Or better yet, using that new Vampires and Undead pack, a mission where you have to escape alive from a giant mansion. Resident evil style.  8)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2004, 02:18:00 »
I'd be interested in seeing how your editor works. I've also experienced the time-absorbing task of fitting walls together.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

fri000

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2004, 06:39:42 »
Here's a screen shot.  ;)  Bare with me here, I know it looks half-assed right now. I'm saving the entire layout and graphics work for last. Most of the main features are easily distinguishable though. Starting from the left side, you have a list of blocks/objects that you can add to the stage. Under it is a preview picture of what you have selected. Below the picture is space for future options that will be associated with specific objects (ei: length). On the right hand side, there is a height selector. You simply drag the yellow box up or down to select the height to work in. Only the objects on that height level will be displayed. The objects directly below (and maybe above as well?) your current working height will be faded to help in building multistory structures. The stage itself behaves exactly as the in-game editor. You have infinite building space. You can zoom in, zoom out, rotate anything, etc...

The whole editor is made in flash. So to transfer what you made into the game you have to copy and past the code it spits out into the mission.sqm file. :P

Also note that this editor is not limited to only the features stated above. Those are just a few main ones I have completed; the finished version will feature a lot more functionality(like auto flooring).
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2004, 16:45:30 by fri000 »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2004, 22:23:45 »
wow, man that's ... FANTASTIC!

Search or search or search before you ask.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2004, 16:46:31 »
Really really nice!
Can't wait ;)
- Ben