Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vietnam CTI :: Ideas and comments Needed  (Read 1089 times)

RonMcAsskick

Vietnam CTI :: Ideas and comments Needed
« on: 20 Aug 2004, 02:18:54 »
Hi there

I'm currently programming and editing a new all encompassing Vietnam CTI Addon.  It will feature a specifically tailored island, a new CTI engine and a few new and modified addons.  If you want more details on the inclusions please check the features section of the website (http://vietnamcti.freewebpage.org/) however throughout the project (mostly among close friends for the last year and a half) I have tried to get the opinions and concerns of all the people who might play it.  This included CTI complaints as well as balance issues and 'nam features.  So I pose the question to you all

What would you like to see in a Vietnam CTI?

What would you like to NOT see!?

Are there any CTI shortcuts you'd like to see? (eg the buy custom loadout style of update seen in 1985 CTI)

If you have any concerns comments or suggestions please post them here or on the website's forum.

as a teaser to get you started here is what a scripter/WRPEditor can produce: http://vietnamcti.freewebpage.org/Waterfall.jpg

Ron

bigdog632

Re:Vietnam CTI :: Ideas and comments Needed
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2004, 12:31:24 »
well im not an expert at viet nam, but i watched the history channel and they said that the NVA didnt use tanks much at all, so it would be nice if the mission was mostly light vehicles and infantry

Offline Mud_Spike

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2004, 22:57:16 »
Dont know if this is possible since Im not into this, but;

I suggest you add waterly textures where the waterfall is at,
that'll give the particles a backdrop in the same color, 'cos now they just look silly and out of place.
With alittle tweaking, and (lots of) luck, you'll get away with it and have
a kickass waterfall.

Apart from that - the island looks good. :)

djackl

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2004, 23:28:59 »
Figure out some way to make it fair between the NVA and the US because the US had more signif firepower but UN rules and public support back home and heavy casualties in the jungles weakened them, how to implement this in game I wonder?

OPERETA

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2004, 09:54:15 »
How about recreating along the lines of the movie "Green Berets" the one with John Waine. There you have a fort,black missions, riverine stuff, etc

Matt Walter

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2004, 17:41:49 »
I think it would be cool if you had swampy areas that you could walk through and still shoot. Also monsoons like in Vietnam - You can already get rain, but I mean HEAVY rain. Also I think it would be cool if there was a helicopter that could pick up light tanks and light vehicles with a wire like in Battlefield Vietnam, which brings up another idea, those light tanks the U.S. had in Vietnam, the Sheridan, and a more accurate patrol boat.