Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Artic addons  (Read 1712 times)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Artic addons
« on: 25 Sep 2002, 01:11:06 »
Hi all.
 this post come from a previous post call "Winter Sniper, also by me, but as I been posting the winter sniper request I reallice that I shouldnÂ't call it like that cos my artic or winter addons list requests are getting longer. For some reason IÂ'm really interested in artic missions and campaighns and I reallice that thereÂ's a lot of stuff that is not there and what is there allready needs updating for Resistance, like the vehicles, now is a lot more than before out there but the most of the new ones havenÂ't a winter version.
 IÂ'm going to make a quick list of what I camed across so far that needs to be done.

Vehicles: there is lotes of winter armour and vehicles addons moustly done by Kegetys and Ash(I think is Ash, IÂ'm not sure) but we need the civilian vehicles in a winter version, the vehicles winter addon only have trucks and jeeps from all sides.

Units: An update of the current addons on winter infantry would be a really important step on artic mods like the one I got in mind, there is very nice ones around but they not Resistance friendly, I can not see the hand guns in my units wen ingame, and IÂ'm sure IÂ'm not the only one. We allso need more variety, like mountanier units or them hooded units that you would see in the artic warfare, the most of this artic units would require Oxigen to be done but they should be done because they are more reall than just having East painted in whyte, this is not a bad criticisem about the allready present addons, no way, the Kegetys addons and all the other ones around are great but they just donÂ't cut it wen you tallk about Artic, the reason why is because you would be wearing a lot more close than that, thatÂ's why we need them done with Oxigen, texturing is not just enough, I hoppe I donÂ't upsate anyone with that.

Buildings: Here is two options, the winter and the artic. For the winter addons you could do a version of the standart buildings but with snow in the roofs, that would be allright, but, why no one inclouded that into theyr artic and winter islands? because is a problem with the way BIS done the buildings that makes it not posible to be done, that is what I understand going by the readme filles of some winter islands, so thatÂ's why we need a completly new selection of winter buildings. The artic ones would be completly diferent to what we seen so far, do anybody ever played Delta Force 2? if so you know what IÂ'm about, research buildings, bunkers and bases that have to be protected from the outside world so agresive that is the artic, they donÂ't have to be entirely walkable inside but at list make them abailable to create the realism of artic warfare.

I allso want to bring the point of having a thought about anything to do with winter and artic addons and post it in this post cos its lots more around that I canÂ't really think on now but you do know that they are, and they are there wayting to be done, and who ellse better than you?
 Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Re:Artic addons
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2002, 15:21:21 »
What I ment to say aswell is that if any of you know of any new updated addons for a artic mod or know about something that is in progres you can tell me, you can allso say"yeah, I agree with you" ;D  
And if any one wanna make a mod with me about it let me know, I would like to see how many of you are into that winter thingi or IÂ'm a minority.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Skaven

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2002, 15:32:15 »
As soon as the addon depot starts hosting new addons, I'm sure a lot of new artic/snow addons will be available for Resistance mate  ;)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2002, 15:54:14 »
Oh well, then hurryup ;D
By the way, where can I ask for a website for my incoming artic mod? is anywhere in this forums to do that?
Later
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Skaven

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2002, 16:00:16 »
Well if you need people to help you, the best place would be the Training Depot, if you need something else try the Inteligence Depot (News Section) like, my Frozing MOD needs this and that can anyone help me?  ;D  ;)

Trainning Depot:
http://filosof.ath.cx/training/index.php

Intelligence Depot:
http://filosof.ath.cx/intel/index.php

« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2002, 16:02:08 by Skaven »

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2002, 02:08:02 »
Thanks for that Skaven, I can do with the help, so as soon I come back to Wales IÂ'll sort it out.
 I still need people interested in that winter and artic thing, so whoever is enterested please let the world know and nagg with me to get some fresh addons so we get heard.
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2002, 02:03:18 »
IÂ'm reading this boock call "The shooting gallery" and its geaving me some cool ideas, there was a lot going on with the SAS during the cold war in the north of Europe, so IÂ'll come with something, but I prefere East and Resistance units, to many West around :D
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #7 on: 03 Oct 2002, 23:29:27 »
Hi all, I'm happier now that I downloaded the UCE's winter units updated by SDOC, they contain some nice weapons from Kegetys too, but I need the resistance side aswell.
 If some one works in winter missions or addons let me know please and we can try to do something.
 By the way, as soon as I get a host and a site I will start my new mode call Radicall, but I'll need some help... ;)
Later all.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!