Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problems  (Read 1015 times)

sabreblade

problems
« on: 16 Aug 2004, 17:37:42 »
im really sorry but i couldn't find a suitable forum to put this in on OFPEC :/

its just i cannot play ofp without fixing these problems  :(

i can understand if you delete this thread but if any of you know the answer to this please reply :)

1)when i start up OFP my windows cursor does not disappear. it jsut stays on the screen with a different sensitivity to the ofp cursor...and in game its a really annoying problem. to fix this i can cahnge resolution but since i got kegetys' effects addon a bug in it stops you being able to change resolution without the game crashing :/

2)after about 10 minutes or so of playing, my sound goes really low quality, it echos and when i press "quit game" it restarts my whole computer.

3)with kegetys' effects addon my textures are blander and show littel detail. i have my texture quality on "very low" normally and this mod makes the textures worse. if i put it up it is too jerky.

gotta say, you do a great job and i'd appreciate soem help as neither the official forums or gamingforums have offered me anything of the sort.

Sabre

cheers :cheers:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:problems
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2004, 17:46:33 »
These are technical support questions which, unfortunately, are off topic at OFPEC.   A mod will probably be along soon to lock the thread.    

The official forums at www.flashpoint1985.com are the best place to get help with this kind of thing.    Spend some time with the forum search function there, it's solved a lot of the problems I've had.    The -nomap thing might be what you need - details over there.

Also check the Avon Lady's FAQ - that has also saved my life more than once.

Kegetys DXDLL thing does not get along with all graphics cards.

I had the double cursor thing once, which was caused by a faulty addon.  Try removing all addons and see what happens.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for all your stuff.   If all else fails try a complete reinstall of OFP.

« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2004, 17:48:22 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

sabreblade

Re:problems
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2004, 17:55:19 »
thanks very much i will copy and save what you said

thanks a lot :)