Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Would you flame me if....?  (Read 4163 times)

Offline ryankaplan

• Members
  • yeah...
Would you flame me if....?
« on: 09 Aug 2004, 15:43:37 »
if i made a co-op mission where you play a couple of alkaida men and do your terrorist thing? here is a mission i have thought of at the same time i'm writing this.

5 alkaida operattives, armed with satchel charges and so on have to blow up a busy civilian city. at any time in the game they can blow themselves up jsut so they can take a few americans with them if they have no hope of surviving. (will do this by add action and creating a satchel charge right at their feet) and then americams land and they have to escape or something.

there are alot of games out there which you play as the bad guys, like gta for example. it's a great game as it makes a change to playing the americans and saving the world.

so anyway, i know there are alot of american nationalist out there who know nothing but america and how great it is, and i'm not saying it's not. it's quite a nice country with teh majority of the people quite friendly, although i can't say i like their present politians.

it may not be about alkaida against america neither. it could be chechen rebels against russia.

so what is your response?

1 )  F*** off you ***king terrorist!
2 )  I'm gonna report your ass to the CIA!
3 )  I wouldn't do it if i was you.
4 )  Just don't do it. it's bad....
5 )  It's ok if it's against russia. not if it's against USA.
5 )  It's ok if it's against USA. not if it's against Russia.
5 )  understandable but i wouldn't play it
6 )  i'd treat it just like any mission
7 )  Why the hell not? it's only a game.
8 )  Great idea
9 )  YES! bloody awsome idea. I' hate americans/russians anyway.
10)I am an actual terrorist so it's fine by me.

?
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2004, 15:44:24 by ryankaplan »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Would you flame me if....?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2004, 15:54:30 »
10)I am an actual terrorist so it's fine by me.

;D ;D ;D

I don't see why it shouldn't be against america. I would recommend America since it got a strong police and a big military so it would be excitin. Although, like any other missions, I would base it on either Everon, Malden or Nogova, which are independant states. Man, those islands and Kolgujev sure has seen a lot of action. ;D
I ABSOLUTLEY recommend you making the terrorist NONE Al Quaida, as that is sensetive. Why not make em just a fiction faction (heh, funny ;D ) like most other terrorists in other missions?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2004, 15:56:32 »
3 I guess, you can do it but its just one of those things. Like I wouldn't do a Blackwater mission a month or two ago cause ppl are dying over there. Same here... I suppose.

I'm from america and if you do the mission, make it about gameplay, not sides or the ideas behind them. Don't spatter the notes with "americans are dumb, blow them up now", just keep it about the gameplay and you won't get flamed badly if at all. I would play it.

, although i can't say i like their present politians.

Niether do I... ::) ;D

The russia chechnya thing would be alright to. You'd have to have someone from that region say something too you though, I wouldn't know how they feel about it. :P

EDIT: read armsty's post, I like naming the Al Qeuida something else.

Fatty's Terrorism Pyramid.... :P :D ;D

I wonder if the CIA is watchin thi....
*gets muffled and blindfolded and dragged kicking from the room*

« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2004, 15:59:22 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline ryankaplan

• Members
  • yeah...
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2004, 16:04:40 »
guilty? you there? damn. well at least i'm safe from fbi in englan....
*hears a crack downstairs. goes to check it, only to get his face blown of by a shotgun*

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2004, 16:09:28 »
You are being hunted by the FBI and CIA? Hah! Losers! I got the hardest chasers! OFPEC Administrators are after me. I think they're on me. I better not leave any trails. Shhh! I can hear 'em!!

EDIT BY ADMIN: HELLO?! Has anyone seen Armsty around here? No? Dammit! :hmm:

Great! They left... Puh! Now I can... OH NO! IT'S A TRAP! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN FOR YOUR LI...!!!

:beat: *Gets Gone* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2004, 16:17:04 »
Off topic now....  ::) ;D

Offline ryankaplan

• Members
  • yeah...
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2004, 16:30:43 »
anyway. let's turn back to the topic. anyone else want to comment?

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2004, 17:50:22 »
hmmmmm...

I think it's a good idea, but the only things I would change is the terrorist groups name, come up with your own one, don't use Alkaida because some people may find this offensive or upsetting...  :-\

I think you should do it against Russia aswell seeing as the original game is against Russia and then it wouldn't be as much as a touchy subject, if you know what I mean.  :)

sim
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2004, 17:51:37 by sim »
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Peter haroski

« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2004, 19:11:00 »
Well, great idea ;D, and who cares if do one mission, where you blow a town? Well, maybe its not VERY great mission idea, but I have heard much worse...
and in art everything is  ::) well, free to do.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #9 on: 09 Aug 2004, 23:50:28 »
Yeah, do it..
And ignore the people that flame you..
People will always find something to complain about, it's human nature :P

If it's a fun mission, it shouldn't matter what you do.. But somepeople seem to think so

Anyway, gtg, can't type more
Cya
- Ben

kueter

« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2004, 01:30:19 »
Howdy all,
     I wouldn't flame you (actually, I would support you), but take my advice and be careful what you release. I made a map called "1979," in which the player leads a US-backed mujahideen squad against the Soviets during the Soviet-Afghan War. Some people tend to forget about our support of the Taliban then.  Anyways, did I get flamed, yes. And yes, a lot of nasty emails...just look at what one person wrote in the comments section at flashpoint arena:  :'(

http://www.flashpointarena.com/mission-info.asp?s=10371

Hence, when I made the sequel, I just made it a Soviet/fantasy map to keep the comments at a minimum. Sigh, I could rant on for hours, but I won't.  ::)

Kuet

ps For those who wish to try the updated "1979" mission, get it at Avon's MOM archives.  ;)

« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2004, 01:34:01 by Kùé†érâ„¢ »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2004, 16:52:58 »
I totally agree with you and the true story have to come out to people (especially some boneheads who never wanan belive anything but their dreams ;D ) but as I said in another post some months ago, politics and games should not be mixed. There are other means in getting your wisdom out.

Matt Walter

« Reply #12 on: 11 Aug 2004, 00:41:47 »
Hey I got a twist on this mission. The U.S. is the bombers. Hehe.

Anyway, how about someone bombs the French. Many people would love to do that... not saying *I* am one of them.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 11 Aug 2004, 10:38:38 »
Or bomb Sweden - the most neutral place in the whole world. :P

Tankman

« Reply #14 on: 11 Aug 2004, 17:07:26 »
I totally agree i think it would be a cool mission because it is only like playin russians versus americans in the cold war campaign, let people moan it's only a game as long as the mission is good i wont complain, looking forward to it