Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon free campaign Mission 4  (Read 2247 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Addon free campaign Mission 4
« on: 05 Aug 2004, 15:54:46 »
Part of my upcoming campaign.
The campaign will see you playing as Victor Troska, in an alternative Nogova vs. The Soviets setting.

Mission 4 (Thunderclap)

The follow on from Strike at the bear.
After the attack on the Spetz Natz camp, you become part of a major offensive in the North of Nogova.
Take your Tank and assault three bases in an attempt to take hold of the North.

Weapons selection, Tanks, Infantry, Aircraft. A vast area of operations make this another engaging mission.

0 Addons needed.

Single player mision.

1.96 Resistance

Get it here,
http://www.freewebs.com/ofpbob/battlecryprogresspage.htm

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2010, 21:38:57 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Re:Addon free campaign Mission 4
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2004, 15:23:34 »
Nobody tried this?
3rd objective enhanced.
Ammo dump explosions fixed.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

GI-YO

Re:Addon free campaign Mission 4
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2004, 17:29:56 »
Here goes nothing -

OVERVIEW - fine, picture could be a bit more colourfull

INTRO - all the voices worked well and were synked (sp?), one small problem when resistance troops are loading into lorry the medic runs into another soldier and they probably aren't suppose to do that.

BRIEFING - Exelent stuff here, maybe too detailed. It becomes a bit mind boggling after a while but its all well presented and all the links are good.

MISSION - drove down the road turned left in the gap in the trees destroyed bmp then turned right downhill and ran over the russian tank crews and shot up the enemy troops. drove around for a while until I saw the russian flag and the officers and tents wiped them out and objective complete, this area needs to be easier to find or have a fire etc. Just been ambushed by four maybe more t-72's, these destroyed some resistance tanks and the last tank ran over a mine so i'm on my own and I get a fuel leak (very clever). autosave and now i'm on foot heading to the medics in the hills, now I can see why they are there! On the way up to the medics my two mates were gunned down by russian infantry in the valley but I kept on going shedding a tear as I ran  :'(. Found the medics and they fixed me up and then left for the ammo dump with my new sqaud, ordered the assult on the radio before sneaking into the town only to be shot by a AK wielding red. "nd time around ordered the attack a bit earlier and snuck in the back of the base with my squad and wasted the russian force, then spent 10 minutes looking for some explosives and finaly borrowing an RPG from a friend blew the trucks up triggering one mighty big explosion, I liked the secondary explosion effects. On the way to the helicopter base found the sachel charges by the spetz natz, never mind. On to the helicopter base. Just coming up to the ridge of the hill and a heavy infantry contact, that was a well timed attack 'cause you can just see there head popping up over the ridge, lucky I stored some grenades  ;D. I had finished this review but I lost it all so this might be a bit brief. Attck on base with team ecko was good, the armour was destroyed and my machine gunner made short work of the troops, one critism of this squad is the sniper, I dont think he fired a single shot, maybe he could have his skill increased or be swapped for someone better. The flying V-80 just flew off never too be seen, that should have stayed and caused some fun. Once in the base the V-80 on the floor was destroyed easy and mission over.

OUTRO WIN - nice aeroplane there! Keeps the story open for more missions.

duration 40 mins
score 11220
kills t-80
v-80
t-72
10 crew
7 soldiers
3 grenadiers
pilot
2 MGunners
2 RPG'ers
12 ural types
2 UAZ's and some other stuff which I cant remeber (my kills list was over 2 pages!!)

OVERALL - this mission is realy fun and there are no major bugs which let it down, just a few things like the vanishing V-80 and the troops in the truck in the intro and the hidden stachel charges. This mission doen't need much more work and it could be realeaed. . you should lose the smoke grenades cause there no use in SP, add some more mags for the AK or some grenades. good job

GI-YO

Maybe you could BETA my mission (airbourne bridge assault), the links at the bottom of my post. what a shameless plug  :D
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2004, 21:21:58 by GI-YO »