Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Complete Freedom= OFP RPG  (Read 1893 times)

SWRDarken

Complete Freedom= OFP RPG
« on: 02 Aug 2004, 17:39:00 »
I was wondering if there would be enough interest to create a semi-RPG for flashpoint.

The map would be Tonal and addons would consist of all BAS units. The goal would be to create a living world. Citizens and cars scurrying about in towns. Farmers moving around in the fields. And active resistance in cities. Just populate Tonal like it is actually inhabited.

Missions would be scripted so they begin when you walk into a specific building or area. Autosaves would happen for every city you enter. Now I was wondering if i could get some feedback. Is this feasible? Would system resources be over burdened? Is there  a way to do it so it will work? Would you be interested in helping? Any feedback would be nice. I'm sure this has been suggested before, just couldn't find it.

djackl

Re:Complete Freedom= OFP RPG
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2004, 19:33:40 »
Cool idea, I just hope there is some support out there for it. Are you thinking of this being SP or MP? An SP OFP Theft Auto would be great.

Gooner861

« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2004, 19:44:42 »
It wud be great to do it. The freedom and choices u wud have wud be amazing but yeh its just a matter of getting the rite people on board who have enuff time to do it all cos it wud be a huge task to undertake.

Sumthing to think about.

Gooner

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2004, 21:24:30 »
Sounds like a very good idea  :)

Except I wouldn't be able to play it, lagorama!!!  >:(

But I'm sure others would enjoy it...
 ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

moondogy

« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2004, 22:59:09 »
Cool idea, I just hope there is some support out there for it. Are you thinking of this being SP or MP? An SP OFP Theft Auto would be great.

that already exist! but u need a fast mashine...
dont know who made it or whats the title but i know sth like that exist cause i played it a little, i coulnd play it more because of weak PC.

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2004, 00:05:46 »
*cough* Cessna Fun *cough*

lagfest.... :P

ocnick

« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2004, 02:44:02 »
I could see this working for a campaign somehow.  Like when you go to a certain place, it could send you to one mission, another for a different place.  Like the win/lose rewards in CWC.  Not sure how many separate options you can have for that.  I don't know how "freewill" it could get within OFP specs.

Maybe if you could only roam certain locations, you wouldn't have to fill the entire map with stuff.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2004, 02:44:59 by Blunt »

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2004, 02:47:44 »
I don't see how you can explain everything for 15 missions without just making a campaign. Otherwise its a lot of deletevehicle and camcreate. :-\

But if someone can do it, go ahead. :P

ocnick

« Reply #8 on: 03 Aug 2004, 02:52:27 »
OK, say you have a town to roam in, like Lamentin, or the one on Nogova.  Not sure how this works, but I know you can make variables that transcend missions in campaigns.  If you could make it send you to separate, or even progressing, missions by going to, for example, the police office, or the mayor's office, or your buddy's house.

Then after that mission is complete, it could progress, or degress back to the town, and you could walk around some more.

1:  Town
2:  Mission B
     a.  Mission
3:  Town
4:  Mission A

Something like that would create the illusion of being freewill, even though it's pretty much linear with some curves thrown in (there's some irony for you).
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2004, 02:56:31 by Blunt »

Homefry31464

« Reply #9 on: 03 Aug 2004, 03:37:59 »
There wouldn't be to much lag as long as you did the scripting part right... it's just a matter of triggers and scripts, its a very feasible idea.

SWRDarken

« Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2004, 20:43:59 »
What if it were on a smaller map, perhaps BAS's smaller island.

ocnick

« Reply #11 on: 05 Aug 2004, 20:48:52 »
There's not much on that island is there?  I think it would be cooler, in this case, for there to be towns and such for lots of ways to interact with people and places.

I really like this idea, but my scripting abilities aren't that good, I don't think I'm up to the challenge  :-\.